HDMI stopped working for LG 47LD650 - DIY project time?

Relkin22

So the HDMI inputs on my LG 47LD650 stopped working overnight. I love this display more than my Samsung UN55ES7500 actually (regretting the switch but that is another topic) and don't want to let it die just yet. Display panel is fine, software works, can navigate through the menu. I did some looking around and this is apparently a common occurrence. More searching and I found that the problem can usually be traced to the HDMI control chip. I don't have the knowledge or skills to replace the chip, and the main board has been discontinued. A google search found some listings on Ebay offering to repair the board for enough money that i might as well buy a new TV and some obscure websites with the board for sale for around $100, which I have no idea if it will work (I haven't tried my local repair shops yet but if anyone knows a secure source please let me know). I don't think i'm brave enough to try and bake the board. I found an interesting video where the guy uses a hair dryer to heat the chip and it seams to work but he admits only as a short term fix. I might try that later.

I'm not necessarily looking to restore this TV back to factory condition, As it is only a secondary TV, I thought it may be a neat project to put it into a custom housing for the garage (I have some aluminium diamond plate lying around) Does anyone know if there is another board I can use for this panel? (from what i can see it is a LC470WUH).