Since the Wacom Cintiq Companion (Gen 1) is closest to a laptop in topic, I'll post here. My question is: does anyone know if you're able to somehow use the companion as a monitor with a desktop pc instead of by itself? I've tried to ask Wacom Support, but I've gotten as many answers as there are colors of the rainbow. Thanks to anyone for the help.

Not sure at all about the Gen 1. All I know is that you can use the Cintiq Companion (Gen 2) as a "simple Cintiq". It will have the same features of the Cintiq (not companion) so you could draw on it. I don't know if you will get a good experience as a "monitor only". Check out your model if there is a video out port.. if there is one, normally, you should be able to use it on a desktop pc as a "simple Cintiq" too. 

I understand what a cintiq is, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Thanks anyway for trying, I think.

1 minute ago, SteinsChoice said:

I understand what a cintiq is, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Thanks anyway for trying, I think.

Well if you have the video out port and connect it to a PC, your Cintiq Companion will act like a Cintiq. It will display the screen of the desktop instead of acting as a desktop itself. So basically yeah it can act as a monitor. You will still have the same features of a normal Cintiq like drawing on the screen. If you know the difference between the Cintiq Companion and the Cintiq here is a simpler explanation: Cintiq Companion plugged into the PC = a normal Cintiq. 

Sorry, this isn't helping at all. If anyone else can answer, I'd really appreciate it.

If you don't know the difference between the Cintiq Companion and the Cintiq:

Cintiq = A drawing tablet monitor. It needs to be plugged into a computer to work and use the softwares. It just a monitor display where you can draw on it. 

Cintiq Companion = Stand alone Cintiq (so also a drawing tablet monitor display). BUT you don't need to plug it to a desktop to make it work. It's a full computer "like" Windows Surface. It runs Windows, some folks even play games on it, etc. 

For drawing, they do the same things, but one is a standalone tablet the other depends on a computer. 

You are simply repeating yourself and are either not understanding the question or are ignoring it. Please stop responding here.

Well sorry, I think I didn't get that you understood the difference between both: anyway I did a little research online here what I got : https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments/2non21/cintiq_companion_not_hybrid_as_an_input_monitor/

Some other information about using the Cintiq Companion as a monitor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MpvkGBznog. So basically, you can mirror only. My bad if I wasn't helpful