Swiftech H320 X2 - Underrated?

I've never even seen famous reviewers like Jayz, Linus, HardwareCanucks etc mentioned this specific AIO cooler.

I'm looking up to upgrade from my Cryorig H5 to either the Swiftech H320 X2 or NZXT Kraken X62.

I can get the H320 right now since it's readily available, but need to wait for 2-3 months for the X62.

(Screw my country! LOL)

Anyone have any benchmarks between the two?

I know it's unfair to pair one with 360mm rad and one with 240mm rad head to head but, I got a feeling the X62 could catch up or outperform the H320.

EDIT: New lineups: The Raijintek Triton 360. It doesn't looks cool to me, but it also got 360mm rad. And I somewhat like it.

CPU i7-7700K @5.2GHz     Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA     RAM 2 Kits of TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR     GPU 2 of ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Extreme

Case be quiet! dark base pro 900 black     Storage 4 of 6TB WD RED (on server), 2 of Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (on RAID 0), Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe, Intel 400GB 750 Series

PSU Corsair HX850i     Cooling EK-RES X3 250, EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM, EK-Supremacy EVO Gold, EK-Coolstream CE 420, Black Ice GTS420, 7 of EK-Furious Vardar FF4-140

Spoiler

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM     Keycaps Mionix Frosting + Mionix Ice Cream     Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma + Steelseries Sensei Wireless

Mousepad Custom printed by evghapad.id     Headset Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250 Ohm     DAC audioengine D1     Speaker Custom designed 7.1 by ss-audio

Microphone AntLion ModMic 4     Monitor 3 of LG 29UM58-P, 2 of Samsung C27F390     Controller XBOX ONE Elite Wireless, 3 of Sony PlayStation DS4

3 minutes ago, TenzoNakami said:

I've never even seen famous reviewers like Jayz, Linus, HardwareCanucks etc mentioned this specific AIO cooler.

I'm looking up to upgrade from my Cryorig H5 to either the Swiftech H320 X2 or NZXT Kraken X62.

I can get the H320 right now since it's readily available, but need to wait for 2-3 months for the X62.

(Screw my country! LOL)

I know it's unfair to pair one with 360mm rad and one with 240mm rad head to head but, I got a feeling the X62 could catch up or outperform the H320.

EDIT: New lineups: The Raijintek Triton 360. It doesn't looks cool to me, but it also got 360mm rad. And I somewhat like it.

you looked at the fractal s36?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

46 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

you looked at the fractal s36?

Yes. But it currently is not an option as no one here is willing to import that.

CPU i7-7700K @5.2GHz     Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA     RAM 2 Kits of TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR     GPU 2 of ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Extreme

Case be quiet! dark base pro 900 black     Storage 4 of 6TB WD RED (on server), 2 of Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (on RAID 0), Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe, Intel 400GB 750 Series

PSU Corsair HX850i     Cooling EK-RES X3 250, EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM, EK-Supremacy EVO Gold, EK-Coolstream CE 420, Black Ice GTS420, 7 of EK-Furious Vardar FF4-140

Spoiler

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM     Keycaps Mionix Frosting + Mionix Ice Cream     Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma + Steelseries Sensei Wireless

Mousepad Custom printed by evghapad.id     Headset Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250 Ohm     DAC audioengine D1     Speaker Custom designed 7.1 by ss-audio

Microphone AntLion ModMic 4     Monitor 3 of LG 29UM58-P, 2 of Samsung C27F390     Controller XBOX ONE Elite Wireless, 3 of Sony PlayStation DS4

The H320 x2 will out perform the Kraken by a decent margin. Source: I have both. The H320 x2 with Noctua NF-12s Can keep my CPU at about 60C (With an ambient of 20C) And the kraken with Noctua redux nf-p14s  is about ~10C hotter then the H320 x2. But the Kraken does look prettier, so I moved it into my home theater system. Also I wouldn't get the Raijintek... I heard it was prone to leakage.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

5 hours ago, TenzoNakami said:

Yes. But it currently is not an option as no one here is willing to import that.

Oh rip, its shame its a good cooler(quiet fans)

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

10 hours ago, TenzoNakami said:

(Screw my country! LOL)

Kraken x62 is a 280mm AIO

7 hours ago, YubinTheBunny said:

The H320 x2 will out perform the Kraken by a decent margin. Source: I have both. The H320 x2 with Noctua NF-12s Can keep my CPU at about 60C (With an ambient of 20C) And the kraken with Noctua redux nf-p14s  is about ~10C hotter then the H320 x2. But the Kraken does look prettier, so I moved it into my home theater system. Also I wouldn't get the Raijintek... I heard it was prone to leakage.

It's quite a surprise. Because 280 and 360 rad are so small difference in term of surface area. Same for airflow of two 140mm fans vs three 120mm fans, especially the P14s is a very good fan(I know, cos I have three). Three 120mm fans more or less equal to two 140mm fans for airflow.

When I expanded my custom loop from a single 240 rad to two 240 rad. The CPU temperature only further dropped about 3-4C. Once it passes a 240mm rad. The gain of extra cooling becomes smaller with every additional radiator space.

10 hours ago, YubinTheBunny said:

It indeed is sexier than the H320. Whoa, I never expected the X62 to be outperformed by the H320. Since, yeah, it looks cool. xD

About the Raijintek.. I've just got an info from one of my friend that his cooler starts to evaporate. Idk if it counts as leakage.

7 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

Oh rip, its shame its a good cooler(quiet fans)

Yes, screw my country for not willing to import such a thing. There is alot more stuff that you can't even buy here.

Stuff like NZXT and Noctua never really get stocked anymore. You have to pre-order and wait like a months or two.

3 hours ago, Deli said:

Kraken x62 is a 280mm AIO

Whoops sorry for my mistake. My bad.

3 hours ago, Deli said:

It's quite a surprise. Because 280 and 360 rad are so small difference in term of surface area. Same for airflow of two 140mm fans vs three 120mm fans, especially the P14s is a very good fan(I know, cos I have three). Three 120mm fans more or less equal to two 140mm fans for airflow.

When I expanded my custom loop from a single 240 rad to two 240 rad. The CPU temperature only further dropped about 3-4C. Once it passes a 240mm rad. The gain of extra cooling becomes smaller with every additional radiator space.

Indeed it is pretty small. I'm pretty new into these AIO Cooler, so I can't really tell what is going on.

Spoiler

10 hours ago, YubinTheBunny said:

So... I think I'll go with the H320 X2 then.. Such a shame, NZXT looks sexier! xD No offense intended.

Btw if you don't mind can you tell me your specs with the H320 X2? Is it overclocked and stuff?

Spoiler

• 3 months later...
On 11/01/2017 at 5:36 AM, TenzoNakami said:

So... I think I'll go with the H320 X2 then.. Such a shame, NZXT looks sexier! xD No offense intended.

Btw if you don't mind can you tell me your specs with the H320 X2? Is it overclocked and stuff?

Yeah I'm kinda Window shopping for a new Cooler now! i have the Old Swifteh H240 x and now i need a new one!! like yourself i too was looking at the X62 as i looks well DAM NICE but Meh the H320X2 looks a beast! I would like to extend the loop for a liquid cooled GPU :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 8:39 PM, Jimmy5Burgers said:

Yeah I'm kinda Window shopping for a new Cooler now! i have the Old Swifteh H240 x and now i need a new one!! like yourself i too was looking at the X62 as i looks well DAM NICE but Meh the H320X2 looks a beast! I would like to extend the loop for a liquid cooled GPU :)

Sorry for the late reply.

I hope you haven't bought that yet. I was pretty much enjoying it at first, and disappointed later. Let me tell you why.

I was intending to extend the loop just like you, but since I do have the Maximus IX Extreme, things just got worse. The pump itself can't handle the CPU + Mobo, it is already slow. Don't even try to add GPU. I used the bequiet! dark base pro 900 and was looking for a front mounted radiator and oh boy it is so hard to mount. You'll have to sacrifice either the 5.25" bay or your hdd mounting slots. At first I mounted the H320 on top and it leaked. I have to RMA my motherboard. Seems like the clamp isn't tightened enough.

It does has a good waterblock to begin with, but the radiator is just a big no for me, in the end I replaced the radiator with EK's rad + alphacool ddc laing pump. And their stock tubing gets real dirty. I have to replace the liquid and the tubing after 1 week from purchasing date. It's just a perspective from me. Please take a good care and do a bit more research before buying and or believing this opinion.

If I were you, I would take a look at the budget and get something better. Too bad I can't travel back time.

Spoiler

On 2017-5-13 at 7:16 AM, TenzoNakami said:

Sorry for the late reply.

I hope you haven't bought that yet. I was pretty much enjoying it at first, and disappointed later. Let me tell you why.

I was intending to extend the loop just like you, but since I do have the Maximus IX Extreme, things just got worse. The pump itself can't handle the CPU + Mobo, it is already slow. Don't even try to add GPU. I used the bequiet! dark base pro 900 and was looking for a front mounted radiator and oh boy it is so hard to mount. You'll have to sacrifice either the 5.25" bay or your hdd mounting slots. At first I mounted the H320 on top and it leaked. I have to RMA my motherboard. Seems like the clamp isn't tightened enough.

It does has a good waterblock to begin with, but the radiator is just a big no for me, in the end I replaced the radiator with EK's rad + alphacool ddc laing pump. And their stock tubing gets real dirty. I have to replace the liquid and the tubing after 1 week from purchasing date. It's just a perspective from me. Please take a good care and do a bit more research before buying and or believing this opinion.

If I were you, I would take a look at the budget and get something better. Too bad I can't travel back time.

TO Late i already have it and now it's installed am shitting myself lol will have to keep an eye on it ! i have 30 days to return it so i'll just see how i get on with it! i won't be adding a loop to this pump i think i'll just go the EK way ! Thanks for the reply tho .. Am well worried about this pump now!

• 4 months later...
On 5/14/2017 at 10:36 PM, Jimmy5Burgers said:

TO Late i already have it and now it's installed am shitting myself lol will have to keep an eye on it ! i have 30 days to return it so i'll just see how i get on with it! i won't be adding a loop to this pump i think i'll just go the EK way ! Thanks for the reply tho .. Am well worried about this pump now!

Hey , i wanted to buy this cooler. How is yours doing so far?

On 10/3/2017 at 11:40 PM, onslash said:

Hey , i wanted to buy this cooler. How is yours doing so far?

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

The pump has failed and when I replaced the pump it leaks because of some mechanism that I don't know. I do not encourage to buy them, but if you are still going to get one, then it is totally up to you to decide.

Spoiler