Super folder.

Im considering making myself a 2p or 4p folding rig.

But im pretty new at 2p and 4p rigs,

Anyone wanna come with some suggestions?.

already have a few parts selected but would be nice with some more innputs as of hardware :)

list have you have in mind and your budget  ;)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

list have you have in mind and your budget  ;)

budget is somewhere in the 3500-6000$ range.

Im considering making myself a 2p or 4p folding rig.

But im pretty new at 2p and 4p rigs,

Anyone wanna come with some suggestions?.

already have a few parts selected but would be nice with some more innputs as of hardware :)

Budget would be nice to iknow? GPU's get higher PPD anyway, spend more money on gpu's not CPU's. And with regard to 2P and 4P if your talking Intel your talking BIG money, not sure about AMD's prices.

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

Budget would be nice to iknow? GPU's get higher PPD anyway, spend more money on gpu's not CPU's. And with regard to 2P and 4P if your talking Intel your talking BIG money, not sure about AMD's prices.

2p and 4p folders are more reliable, run cooler and draw less power. Plus with the bigadv WUs they can get you a lot of points.

EDIT: Plus AMD is the way to go when aiming for a 2p or 4p folder

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS - $720

2x E5-2650v2 - $1000 each

(Some RAM of your choice)

4 x HD 7990 - $700 each (Going quite cheap at the moment with the new R series cards just realleased, and no CF needed becasue of dedicated folding system so may as well get 4 on this budget) :D

(Some big PSU, Seasonic maybe)

(Case that can hold it all)

Total $5000 - $5500

2p and 4p folders are more reliable, run cooler and draw less power. Plus with the bigadv WUs they can get you a lot of points.

EDIT: Plus AMD is the way to go when aiming for a 2p or 4p folder

Very true... but GPU folder do score big points.

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS - $720

4 x HD 7990 - $700 each

Total $5000 - $5500

Thats pretty much what i had in mind.

tho i was looking at the Asus Z9PE-D16 and with titans instead

A 2p or 4p build would be best, the reason for this is that once you have more than 16 real cores you qualify for bigadv units with gives a lot of points. There is a catch though you have to run the linux client, which also means you can't do GPU folding on the same machine. For better details I would suggest you talk to whaler_99 or take a look at some of the 4p system buildlogs.

Thats pretty much what i had in mind.

tho i was looking at the Asus Z9PE-D16 and with titans instead

Well the Z9PE-D16 can take more RAM but hasnt got as much expansion, think you can only get 2x 3x two slot gpu's in it (Where as Z9PE-D8 WS can take 4)

Only reason i said 7990's is becasue they are dual chip and will probably score you more points than a titan.

A 2p or 4p build would be best, the reason for this is that once you have more than 16 real cores you qualify for bigadv units with gives a lot of points. There is a catch though you have to run the linux client, which also means you can't do GPU folding on the same machine. For better details I would suggest you talk to whaler_99 or take a look at some of the 4p system buildlogs.

SLAM the brakes hard. u cant run gpu alongside with cpu folding?.

how come i cant run Windows ?

Well the Z9PE-D16 can take more RAM but hasnt got as much expansion, think you can only get 2x 3x two slot gpu's in it (Where as Z9PE-D8 WS can take 4)

Only reason i said 7990's is becasue they are dual chip and will probably score you more points than a titan.

That might be very true.

iguess ill have to look around abit more.

so a 4p board would be waste ?.

To qualify for bigadv units you have too run the linux client, which doesn't support GPU folding. If you don't want the bigadv units then you can just run windows and then fold on both the CPU and GPU

That might be very true.

iguess ill have to look around abit more.

so a 4p board would be waste ?.

Expensive unless you use AMD, not reallt familiar with there products on the server side. (Intel 4P is very pricey)

You could always run a Hypervisor with GPU support (Nvidia only i think) like Citrix XenServer.

Linux System doing bigadv and Windows system folding the GPU's

Expensive unless you use AMD, not reallt familiar with there products on the server side. (Intel 4P is very pricey)

You could always run a Hypervisor with GPU support (Nvidia only i think) like Citrix XenServer.

Linux System doing bigadv and Windows system folding the GPU's

Wouldnt it be more efficient to run both on the same rig. both cpu and gpu? and not even to mention the cost of it ?.

Wouldnt it be more efficient to run both on the same rig. both cpu and gpu? and not even to mention the cost of it ?.

Never done it, so couldn't comment, but if you want bigadv and gpu then you may have to. Personally I would just put it on Windows, with single socket CPU and fold that, if i had this sort of cash to dedicate to a folding system. But thats just me... the topic is 2P and 4P so wouldn't want to talk you out of your system.

Never done it, so couldn't comment, but if you want bigadv and gpu then you may have to. Personally I would just put it on Windows, with single socket CPU and fold that, if i had this sort of cash to dedicate to a folding system. But thats just me... the topic is 2P and 4P so wouldn't want to talk you out of your system.

haha i already have single core folder so good luck talking me into buying one more hehe.

Iguess ill go for the 2p for now. and run it on windows?.

There is no logical way ( atleast that iknow of ) that windows wouldnt work with it??.

if so someone please shout out haha.

haha i already have single core folder so good luck talking me into buying one more hehe.

Iguess ill go for the 2p for now. and run it on windows?.

There is no logical way ( atleast that iknow of ) that windows wouldnt work with it??.

if so someone please shout out haha.

Don't see what it wouldn't.

Don't see what it wouldn't.

:) Great.

Thanks for awnsers!.

off to the internett i go.

http://imgur.com/v9cYlDg

How does this look for a folder guys ?..

*hits the @Whaler_99 alarm*

Dont do a multi cpu and gpu in the same system.

for 2p or 4p AMD is the way to go.

use consumer gpu's for a gpu folder, tesla wont work.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS - $720

4 x HD 7990 - $700 each (Going quite cheap at the moment with the new R series cards just realleased, and no CF needed becasue of dedicated folding system so may as well get 4 on this budget) :D

Total $5000 - $5500

see my above post

see my above post

See my above post. :D

*hits the @Whaler_99 alarm*

Dont do a multi cpu and gpu in the same system.

for 2p or 4p AMD is the way to go.

use consumer gpu's for a gpu folder, tesla wont work.

So tesla wont proccess ?. hmm. well guess ill have to redo everything then.

Thanks!.

So tesla wont proccess ?. hmm. well guess ill have to redo everything then.

Thanks!.

hit up whaler, he can help you better than me.

but for the budget you have, gpu or 4p, you can get some really good ppd.