Decreasing Video Export and pre-processing times

I like to make videos in my free time but cannot afford professional video editing software (I don't use any of the features in the programs) so i use Windows Movie Maker on my Laptop and its taking awhile to pre-process (which makes the individual video files easier to edit allowing you to change the audio and such) and export it. For a 10 minute video it takes about an hour to pre-process and 20-30 minutes to export. What could i change to make the videos pre-process and export faster? I make my videos in the following:

Container: .MP4

Video Codec: H.264

Framerate: 30 FPS

Bitrate: 24.19 Mbits/sec

Resolution: 1080p

My laptop:

Intel Core i7 2720qm

8 GB ram

Dedicated Nvidia NVS4200m 1 GB Vram

Windows 10

Maybe buy a new device that isn't a decade old? :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You could give Davinci Resolve a try but your system is below minimum requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a 2012 laptop. I got a computer with a top of the line i5 but it's running Intel HD 530 graphics. It can run gta 5 at 30 fps at 720 low