Do I need a DisplayPort cable for FreeSync to work?

dfg666

Yes, freesync only works with displayport. HDMI and other technologies don't support variable refresh rate just yet.

-edit-

NEVER MIND, it is actually possible through hdmi in select screens. However, the product page you linked only references dp 1.2a for freesync support so I assume you can't use hdmi on it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Yes, freesync only works with displayport. HDMI and other technologies don't support variable refresh rate just yet.

-edit-

NEVER MIND, it is actually possible through hdmi in select screens. However, the product page you linked only references dp 1.2a for freesync support so I assume you can't use hdmi on it.

The monitor accepts HDMI and it comes with an HDMI cable I also found this http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync

AMD FreeSync™ Over HDMI®

But I'll double check to see if I get the option in AMD Drivers and Monitor for FreeSync when using HDMI, if not I'll buy a DisplayPort cable.

• 2 weeks later...

If I was to buy one of these select few monitors with hdmi enabled freesync would my ps4 utilise it? (Original ps4)