2013- a year of dissapointment? (gaming)

ManOfDisguise

This year had(and still has) a lot of anticipation for a lot of great games. But tbh so far its dissapointment after dissapointment. Watch Dogs delayed, Batman Arkham Origins is sooo glitchy and buggy, BF4 has big problems with crashes and then there are the next gen consoles which there is all kinds of talk mainly when it comes to resolution on next gen games.

So we still have November and December to surprise us or further dissapoint us. What do you think? How has this year been for you in terms of game releases and are you let down by the next gen consoles? 

But I must say PC gaming is pretty damn good on it. New AMD line of GPUs, Nvidia gtx 780 ti, announcment of G-sync and Mantle, etc.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

This year had(and still has) a lot of anticipation for a lot of great games. But tbh so far its dissapointment after dissapointment. Watch Dogs delayed, Batman Arkham Origins is sooo glitchy and buggy, BF4 has big problems with crashes and then there are the next gen consoles which there is all kinds of talk mainly when it comes to resolution on next gen games.

So we still have November and December to surprise us or further dissapoint us. What do you think? How has this year been for you in terms of game releases and are you let down by the next gen consoles? 

But I must say PC gaming is pretty damn good on it. New AMD line of GPUs, Nvidia gtx 780 ti, announcment of G-sync and Mantle, etc.

don't forget the gta 5 problems ;)

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

are there any other ones besides the fact that it runs/looks like crap on the consoles and it isn't on PC yet?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

are there any other ones besides the fact that it runs/looks like crap on the consoles and it isn't on PC yet?

It doesn't look like crap for a console that old but it doesn't run that well. The initial online problems were the issue

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

i couldn't agree more with you...this year I've only purchased last gen games and indie games, because the prices are too high and I have the feeling that none of the games are bringing a real evolution to gaming itself. COD Ghost is the same as all other CODs and Battlefield 4 is basically BF3 with new maps and a few minor changes. 

You're right. The biggest let down is Black Flag.

I wanted Assassin's, I got pirates.

Sadly I didn't buy Black Flag and never will.

Omg how did i forget that? lol.  tbh i played online only for like 30 min and then never again. its boring

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

the biggest disappointment for me was knowing that my desktop was officially outdated knowing that the Xbox one and Ps4 are officially higher spec :|

UPGRADE TIME (Wont see a console user saying that :P )

Character artist in the Games industry.

You're right. The biggest let down is Black Flag.

I wanted Assassin's, I got pirates.

Sadly I didn't buy Black Flag and never will.

yea i wont for the same reason. where has the franchise gone ffs? its way too milked anyway

Specs of my PC:

Omg how did i forget that? lol.  tbh i played online only for like 30 min and then never again. its boring

yeh i played for a bit and was just like eh yeh rob places get some money get killed and over again, the game wasn't bad but was boring. San andreas were the days ahha. Oh add in for me dayz standalone not being released yet is a let down :c

yeh i played for a bit and was just like eh yeh rob places get some money get killed and over again, the game wasn't bad but was boring. San andreas were the days ahha

and thb the SP free roam is getting boring too. but im still having a bit of fun with the moon gravity cheat.

Specs of my PC:

and thb the SP free roam is getting boring too. but im still having a bit of fun with the moon gravity cheat.

single player wasn't too bad, i just wish there were more accessible stores and food places etc

Dayz was spose to be out MONTHS ago ... i think its going to be a flop now since theres too much hype

I think Indies are being the bread bringer this year.

the game i play the most at the moment is FTL

Its all about those volumetric clouds

single player wasn't too bad, i just wish there were more accessible stores and food places etc

overall gta 5 was one of the most if not the most overhyped game ever lol

Specs of my PC:

yea i wont for the same reason. where has the franchise gone ffs? its way too milked anyway

That, I am not even interested in Kenway, the dad was bad ass in AC3, but this....what the hell, I don't want freaking naval battles 40% of my game.

That, I am not even interested in Kenway, the dad was bad ass in AC3, but this....what the hell, I don't want freaking naval battles 40% of my game.

yea its pretty much Pirates Of The Carribean: The Video Game and the new main character is the least interesting AC main character ever

Specs of my PC:

I think it has been a great year for video games. We got:

• Bioshock Infinite
  • Metro: Last Light,
  • Rise of the Triad Remake,
  • Civilization V: Brave New World
  • Batman Arkham Origins
  • Far Cry 3: Blood dragon
  • The Last of Us
  • GTA V
  • Arma III
  • Tomb Raider

And those are just the games I've played a lot and there are surely a lot of great games that came out this year, that I haven't played. Non of these games have been perfect, but games rarely are.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I think it has been a great year for video games. We got:

• Bioshock Infinite
  • Metro: Last Light,
  • Rise of the Triad Remake,
  • Civilization V: Barve New World
  • Batman Arkham Origins
  • Far Cry 3: Blood dragon
  • The Last of Us
  • GTA V
  • Arma III
  • Tomb Raider

And those are just the games I've played a lot and there are surely a lot of great games that came out this year, that I haven't played. Non of these games have been perfect, but games rarely are.

+Simcity; what a game when it works

Compatible with Windows 95

It doesn't look like crap for a console that old but it doesn't run that well. The initial online problems were the issue

have you seen a comparison to GTA4 with 4k mods? GTA5 looks like shit and runs like shit on consoles.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

have you seen a comparison to GTA4 with 4k mods? GTA5 looks like shit and runs like shit on consoles.

:| Well that's not an unfair comparison at all.

GTA V is running on 7 and 8 year old hardware. Of course it's going to 'look' and 'run' like shit on them in comparison to a modified version of a game on high-end PCs...

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

What did u expect from a consololol my fav part is when im driving and i want to jump off the edge off ofsome road and suddenly the textures for the rail/fence load and i crash lool

Specs of my PC: