Anyone owned a Roccat Kone XTD

MekaStrix

Hi,

I like the look of the new Roccat Kone EMP it's exactly the same shape and size as the XTD but has an optical instead of those laser sensors (I don't like laser sensors) I wanted to know from someone that has owned this mouse if for starters does the glossy parts of this mouse scratch super easy (sorry OCD to scratches lol) and also have you had any issues with the scroll wheel or clicks wearing out fairly quickly.

ima put a little input here, I have a Roccat Kone pure military edition *whew* which i think is just the older non-light strip version, but I've had it for over a year now, no problems, no scratches, (but it doesn't have the glossy part.) clicks fell the same (great), scroll wheel has held up (and i like it, it have really defined steps compared to my previous mouse). hope i helped a little, i know its not the exact same mouse, but its similar and by roccat.

1 minute ago, WowMuchName said:

ima put a little input here, I have a Roccat Kone pure military edition *whew* which i think is just the older non-light strip version, but I've had it for over a year now, no problems, no scratches, (but it doesn't have the glossy part.) clicks fell the same (great), scroll wheel has held up (and i like it, it have really defined steps compared to my previous mouse). hope i helped a little, i know its not the exact same mouse, but its similar and by roccat.

yeah that does help a bit. reason I am asking is i've managed to get my choice of keyboard and mouse down to Roccat and Corsair. On the Roccat side I like the Roccat Ryos MK FX and the Kone EMP and on the Corsair Side I like the K70 Lux and the M65 Pro but choosing between the two combo's is a bit of a challenge both keyboards have brown switches so the main difference will be customer services of both companies if anything goes wrong and how well they wear over time for example does the plastic on the mice, keyboard keys and wrist rests go shiney over time etc.

2 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

yeah that does help a bit. reason I am asking is i've managed to get my choice of keyboard and mouse down to Roccat and Corsair. On the Roccat side I like the Roccat Ryos MK FX and the Kone EMP and on the Corsair Side I like the K70 Lux and the M65 Pro but choosing between the two combo's is a bit of a challenge both keyboards have brown switches so the main difference will be customer services of both companies if anything goes wrong and how well they wear over time for example does the plastic on the mice, keyboard keys and wrist rests go shiney over time etc.

kk, and as far as the whole glossy plastic on the EMP goes, at least for me, I wouldn't be able to even touch it, with my grip (claw). i love my mouse, but i do think corsair would have better customer service, but I haven't heard anything bad about roccats either.                                                   then again, you can find anything on reddit.

kk, and as far as the whole glossy plastic on the EMP goes, at least for me, I wouldn't be able to even touch it, with my grip (claw). i love my mouse, but i do think corsair would have better customer service, but I haven't heard anything bad about roccats either.                                                   then again, you can find anything on reddit.

Yeah Reddit is the reason i'm not even considering any razer stuff now apparently awful quality for what you pay. So the mouse plastic does go shiney and wear over time my current mouse has no sign of wear I just don't like the sensor it's laser and has acceleration and prediction.

2 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

Yeah Reddit is the reason i'm not even considering any razer stuff now apparently awful quality for what you pay. So the mouse plastic does go shiney and wear over time my current mouse has no sign of wear I just don't like the sensor it's laser and has acceleration and prediction.

Mouse acceleration and prediction. 

thats bad.jpg

Mouse acceleration and prediction. 

thats bad.jpg

yeah it's horrible for FPS gaming and I need to replace my mechanical keyboard had to go back to a membrane and it's deffinetly noticeable that it doesn't respond as well as mechanical

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

yeah it's horrible for FPS gaming and I need to replace my mechanical keyboard had to go back to a membrane and it's deffinetly noticeable that it doesn't respond as well as mechanical

I'm hoping to get a mech keyboard soon, I've always used membrane, but i tried a couple at my local best buy, and like em.

2 minutes ago, WowMuchName said:

I'm hoping to get a mech keyboard soon, I've always used membrane, but i tried a couple at my local best buy, and like em.

Which switches did you try i've had red and brown personal favourite is the brown cause they are slightly quieter than the reds and I like the tactile feel

Which switches did you try i've had red and brown personal favourite is the brown cause they are slightly quieter than the browns and I like the tactile feel

Mx brown, and the razer clicky ones, i think its green. i really like super clicky keys, so i kinda like the browns (cause i use a 10 year old emachines KB), but really liked the click razer keys

Mx brown, and the razer clicky ones, i think its green. i really like super clicky keys, so i kinda like the browns (cause i use a 10 year old emachines KB), but really liked the click razer keys

I've not tried the razer ones. I wanted to try them but no shops where I live have display samples almost ordered one to try but was put off by the reviews of razer as a general company

I've not tried the razer ones. I wanted to try them but no shops where I live have display samples almost ordered one to try but was put off by the reviews of razer as a general company

yeah, i might just risk it with a cheaper one, and hope it doesn't break :D

yeah, i might just risk it with a cheaper one, and hope it doesn't break :D

Probably the best option to test one long term

Probably the best option to test one long term

yep, anyway, i gotta go, and stop so people don't see so many replies XD nice talkin to ya! :)