Half of RAM is Hardware Reserved

Before going on, here are the relevant components:

• MSI 970 Gaming
  • AMD FX-6300
  • 4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz
  • Windows 10 64-bit

When I first built the computer, I had 2 4GB sticks of Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz but in task manager, it was detecting the full 8GB but saying that 4 of them were "hardware reserved". I tried many methods to fix this including going into ms-config and unchecking the "maximum memory" box, updating the bios, and rearranging the sticks. Unfortunately none of these worked and i was convinced that one of the sticks in the kit was bad so I bit the bullet and bought another kit of the same RAM (I was planning on upgrading to 16GB down the line anyway so it wasn't a big deal). After getting it all hooked up, my task manager now says that I have 16GB of RAM but 8.1GB hardware reserved (thus 7.9GB usable). I downloaded CPU-Z to see what it said about the RAM and it detected all 16GB of RAM but in the box labeled "Channels #" it says "Single" (remember there are 4 sticks of ram in the motherboard filling all of the slots). At this point I am at a complete loss as it seems nothing I do will give me back the 8.1GB of RAM being "hardware reserved". Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, TheRush said:

• MSI 970 Gaming
  • AMD FX-6300
  • 4 x GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz
  • Windows 10 64-bit

When I first built the computer, I had 2 4GB sticks of Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz but in task manager, it was detecting the full 8GB but saying that 4 of them were "hardware reserved". I tried many methods to fix this including going into ms-config and unchecking the "maximum memory" box, updating the bios, and rearranging the sticks. Unfortunately none of these worked and i was convinced that one of the sticks in the kit was bad so I bit the bullet and bought another kit of the same RAM (I was planning on upgrading to 16GB down the line anyway so it wasn't a big deal). After getting it all hooked up, my task manager now says that I have 16GB of RAM but 8.1GB hardware reserved (thus 7.9GB usable). I downloaded CPU-Z to see what it said about the RAM and it detected all 16GB of RAM but in the box labeled "Channels #" it says "Single" (remember there are 4 sticks of ram in the motherboard filling all of the slots). At this point I am at a complete loss as it seems nothing I do will give me back the 8.1GB of RAM being "hardware reserved". Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

It means that the configuration is not supported by your motherboard, your motherboard only supports single channel which is weird, I would go into the bios and see if you can change this

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

12 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what does linux do?

I haven't had a chance to try it on Linux yet

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, TheRush said:

• MSI 970 Gaming
  • AMD FX-6300
  • 4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz
  • Windows 10 64-bit

Capture.PNG

Hey I have the same problem check this :

this is an uniqe problem...

maybe reinstall windows?

reset CMOS?

i haven't seen this before...

if we figure it out we prob should archive it for others who might have this problem

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!