Add VPN user to local subnet

Isocadia

Hi :)

I'm currently trying to setup a plex media server on my nas. Unfortunately, with my current situation, I have no local access to the NAS or the home network but I do have VPN access with local network sharing enabled. Problem is, when entering the Plex web-UI through UnRaid the plex-app doesn't want to see the unconfigured media server. This is apparently because my IP adress ( 10.8.0.6 ) is not in the same subnet as the server ( 192.168.1.10 ). Is there a way for me to "spoof" my IP or configure the Asus VPN server in such a way that I'm added to the local subnet ( 192.168.1.0 )?

Sincerely,
Isocadia

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Specs:
Screeninator: ASUS GTX970 STRIX
Powermathingy: Corsair AX760
Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Blue
Procrastinator: Intel i5 3570K (stock)
Holdametalicizor: Corsair Obsidian 750D
Noisoundacreator: Sennheiser HD 558
Attatchamajiggy: MSI Z77A-G45 (SUCKS)
Remembrerthing: 750GB Samsung 840 EVO (3x250GB)
Flat-Colorful-Thing: Iiyama craptron 2000
See-A-Move-O: Corsair M45
ButtonBoard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Browns)

I doubt this will work, but you may be able to Statically configure an IP within the other subnet. It'd shock me if Asus enabled isolation on the VPN, considering the purpose of it is to be able to access things at home. I have an EdgeRouter... nor do I really like/use ASUS products, but those are my thoughts on what may work.

You could always setup a second ethernet card on the Plex server and VPN that into the same server... it'd be weird, but it should work. You'd have two interfaces. Hopefully Plex can bind to both.

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!