Android Development Software

I'm looking to build a tycoon style game(mainly menus not alot of animations) for android for a class project and I have pretty basic programming skills what software development tool would be ideal to do this project?

o.O Humble Bundle had a lot of video game programming software and I got it all. I also have an RPG maker or two. I guess the two big questions are what is the class project requiring you to do and what graphics do you need in the game!

(Animals, people, dragons and fairies?)

The first though that pops into my head is RPG maker, you can get an older version pretty cheap and it's really straight forwards, but allows a lot of structure and depth to be built into the menus easily. That being said it really involves no programming, just thinking and clicking :) 

Cocostudio, Playir?

2 minutes ago, Shog said:

o.O Humble Bundle had a lot of video game programming software and I got it all. I also have an RPG maker or two. I guess the two big questions are what is the class project requiring you to do and what graphics do you need in the game!

(Animals, people, dragons and fairies?)

The first though that pops into my head is RPG maker, you can get an older version pretty cheap and it's really straight forwards, but allows a lot of structure and depth to be built into the menus easily. That being said it really involves no programming, just thinking and clicking :) 

Cocostudio, Playir?

It actually needs to include programming, no fancy graphics required I'm thinking of a menus based games, a managing game. Would android studio be too hard?

Ahhhh. I know the overachiever feeling. I don't think it would be too hard. If you get stuck with any of the language nuances you can always watch Derek Banas (iirc) or other programming youtubers they give REALLY thorough 5 minute explorations of languages. That being said you could always fall back on simply programming it as a text based menu game rather than a full fledged app. 

Thanks a lot for the advice ill be sure to look up those videos.