Help with a Samsung smart TV

My family has a Samsung smart TV, which works fine except for one app: Amazon Video. Right after opening the app it goes to a black screen saying to go to Amazon's (useless) help URL if you're having trouble with the service. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Something to note is that when I tried to do a software update for the TV itself, the button in the settings was grayed out and gave me an error ("Function cannot be performed" or something to that affect). What is going on here?

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

For some idiotic reason Amazon discontinued support for older Samsung and LG smart TVs, the app works just fine on my newer 8000 series but about a year ago it stopped working on my other Samsung that's about 5 years old.  The reply I got from Amazon was "as we seek to improve our service this occasionally means we can no longer support certain devices" or basically "buy a Fire Stick sucker"...

Here's a list of supported models,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

16 hours ago, johnny5c said:

For some idiotic reason Amazon discontinued support for older Samsung and LG smart TVs, the app works just fine on my newer 8000 series but about a year ago it stopped working on my other Samsung that's about 5 years old.  The reply I got from Amazon was "as we seek to improve our service this occasionally means we can no longer support certain devices" or basically "buy a Fire Stick sucker"...

Here's a list of supported models,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

Will mines on that list, so I'm thinking it must have something to do with the TV not letting me update its software.

In my experience with my Samsung KU6290 series TV, some of the apps 'hang' and even 'exiting' them doesn't properly reset anything.  The TV doesn't really 'shutdown' when you turn it off even, it sleeps more like a tablet with the screen turned off.  When my YouTube app renders funny, I find the fix is to unplug the TV, to force it to truly restart.

No promises it'll help you but TVs have such poor options for reset/restart/reboot other than a full factory rest, pulling the power is of the few possible options you have.

Failing that, I'd take a close look at the TVs internet connectivity, ports needing forwarded or anything like that.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

In my experience with my Samsung KU6290 series TV, some of the apps 'hang' and even 'exiting' them doesn't properly reset anything.  The TV doesn't really 'shutdown' when you turn it off even, it sleeps more like a tablet with the screen turned off.  When my YouTube app renders funny, I find the fix is to unplug the TV, to force it to truly restart.

No promises it'll help you but TVs have such poor options for reset/restart/reboot other than a full factory rest, pulling the power is of the few possible options you have.

Failing that, I'd take a close look at the TVs internet connectivity, ports needing forwarded or anything like that.

The networking setup should be all good. I'll try unplugging it.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

That worked, thank you!