CSGO on admin computers via USB?

Phil9943

Looking to play csgo on admin controlled computers via usb. Already have steam client and csgo game installed on USB but I'm missing some DX9 dll's and I don't think I can install them in the C:/Windows/ directory because I get cockblocked by admin controlls. Any ideas? Could I configure CSGO to run the dll's off USB?

Just ask for permission from the owner of the computer. You shouldn't try to bypass security restrictions that are in place for a reason. I run FireFox from a USB drive all day long on admin blocked computers, but that's because they're old systems that are too slow for Chrome. Just ask someone, before trying to get around the security.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

there is a reason why they are admin locked

Playing Games on school or work PC is misuse of computer and you can be charge in court

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 minute ago, dragoon20005 said:

there is a reason why they are admin locked

Playing Games on school or work PC is misuse of computer and you can be charge in court

Oh lol nevermind then

2 minutes ago, Phil9943 said:

Oh lol nevermind then

Good idea. If it is a school, don't try it at all. And chances are, you wouldn't be going very far on a school computer when it comes to gaming.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Good idea. If it is a school, don't try it at all. And chances are, you wouldn't be going very far on a school computer when it comes to gaming.

Well I actually got pretty lucky and these things have 2gb quadros on them but yeah i get you point

1 minute ago, Phil9943 said:

Well I actually got pretty lucky and these things have 2gb quadros on them but yeah i get you point

Just out of curiosity, what school would have Quadros in their computers?

art & Design school

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Dude you are in the wrong school. My uni has a ton of games in the lab computers

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

38 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

there not the quadros that your thinking of they will be super old ones from like windows xp years im guessing since there only 2gb i have a tonne of them for spare parts in my shop  they're used mainly in hospital machines for dual dvi ports 

I lurk a lot

1 hour ago, peej said:

there not the quadros that your thinking of they will be super old ones from like windows xp years im guessing since there only 2gb i have a tonne of them for spare parts in my shop  they're used mainly in hospital machines for dual dvi ports 

That's more of what I figured what would be the case. And most Quadro's these days have more memory than 2GB.

That's more of what I figured what would be the case. And most Quadro's these days have more memory than 2GB.

yeah more like 16 or 24gb these days lol there still pretty decent for running two 1080p screens on a little office machine might even be able to push 1440p so you can get those crispy excel sheets

I lurk a lot

2 hours ago, Phil9943 said:

Looking to play csgo on admin controlled computers via usb.

just gonna say this is extremely grey zone in terms of forum rules, because you're essentially gonna try to work around administration rules put in place on a system that is not yours, to do something you're not supposed to be doing.

--

here's my extremely old man piece of advice for you: wherever you're doing this, you should be doing what the admin that put those rules in place expects you to be doing.

if you're doing this in school: either pay attention in class or make it an "educational goal" for yourself, with only yourself to blame if it goes wrong.

if you're doing this at work: you should be fired.

6 hours ago, manikyath said:

just gonna say this is extremely grey zone in terms of forum rules, because you're essentially gonna try to work around administration rules put in place on a system that is not yours, to do something you're not supposed to be doing.

--

here's my extremely old man piece of advice for you: wherever you're doing this, you should be doing what the admin that put those rules in place expects you to be doing.

if you're doing this in school: either pay attention in class or make it an "educational goal" for yourself, with only yourself to blame if it goes wrong.

if you're doing this at work: you should be fired.

I'm in a programming class where teacher really doesn't care what we do most of the time. Most people just play browser FPS games (yes, that exists) the whole time and he really couldn't care less. I have an A anyway but k

32 minutes ago, Phil9943 said:

I'm in a programming class where teacher really doesn't care what we do most of the time. Most people just play browser FPS games (yes, that exists) the whole time and he really couldn't care less. I have an A anyway but k

thing is your teacher doesnt decide what goes on on the school computers, it's the IT department and the school management who does ;)

and like i said, if the class is quite literally that useless you have nothing better to do, turn it into an educational project.

14 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Schools buy business/workstation computers. Those include "professional" graphics cards if they need them or not.

Oh, I didn't know that. Any school I've ever seen has only used integrated graphics, going so far as to use a DisplayPort to VGA adapter. 

Oh, I didn't know that. Any school I've ever seen has only used integrated graphics, going so far as to use a DisplayPort to VGA adapter. 

I realized my wording was ambiguous. If they include a graphics card, it's usually a professional grade.