What Was Your worst Tech Gift This Year?

piemadd

Worst tech gift?

None

Best tech gift?

JBL LSR305s

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

some shitty bluetooth ear buds.. 

19 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Well, I think that it is better to be frugal than over spending, especially in early ages like before 40.  

Hard to overspend when you don't have money. :')

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Hard to overspend when you don't have money. :')

Haha 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 1-1-2017 at 5:07 AM, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

The worst: This one i gave to myself, a Denon DCM-360. It worked for a few months, played some discs on it, busted the audio out board in 4 months of use, and now it sits on my shelf.

The best: After complaining to my mother about the broken Denon above, i also mentioned i really wanted an SACD playback device. Next thing i know, on my birthday, she came to me and handed me this huge box, with a champagne colored Sony DVP-NS900V inside, the rarest color of the model. She said she bought it from a dude on HTForum (local AV forum, very traditional). It looks like a brand new device, it came in the original box, it has the note of purchase, the manuals, the controller, a pair of Van Damme RCA cables, oh, just perfect! 

Holy shit, I used to have a DCM-360 when I was 8 or 9 years old (I'm 17 now).

Machine instantly recognizable from miles away.

I had it together with this machine:

Denon-DRA-1025RA-front.jpg

And 2 giant speakers.

The CD-Player's disc changing mechanism destructed itself, afterwards I have never seen it again.

I think my parents just tossed it out. Shame really, was a nice machine.

On 08/01/2017 at 1:04 AM, mcfly said:

Perhaps i meant milliamp hour. you're right, 800KWh is enough to power an entire home for almost a month lol. I'm able to fully charge a small bluetooth speaker if im lucky. xD

For 2 months i would say, maybe 3 depending on the house.

Just plug it in your notebook and get infinite Power :D

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.