Hey, I was always wondering why Linus never used OBS, and in the Dec 30th Wan Show he mentions that he doesn't use it because it's a "Steaming Pile in many other ways". I personally have never had an issue with OBS, and neither has anybody I know, so I'm wondering what the issues Linus had could have possibly been. Linus has some strange issues on the Wan Show desktop, so I'm not ruling it out at all, I'd just like to know the details out of curiosity, also generally if anybody has had specific issues with OBS I'd like to hear what they were, thanks!

1 minute ago, Piku-Chan said:

Hey, I was always wondering why Linus never used OBS, and in the Dec 30th Wan Show he mentions that he doesn't use it because it's a "Steaming Pile in many other ways". I personally have never had an issue with OBS, and neither has anybody I know, so I'm wondering what the issues Linus had could have possibly been. Linus has some strange issues on the Wan Show desktop, so I'm not ruling it out at all, I'd just like to know the details out of curiosity, also generally if anybody has had specific issues with OBS I'd like to hear what they were, thanks!

Linus probably tries to work with enough extravagant capture devices that OBS will struggle more than XSplit would in dealing with them.

Sig under construction.

Just now, Tedster said:

Linus probably tries to work with enough extravagant capture devices that OBS will struggle more than XSplit would in dealing with them.

Absolutely, but for it to be a steaming pile it has to be a bigger issue than just obscure capture device incompatibilities, right? He could fix his issues with sound capture and intro audio almost instantly, is that not a greater boon? 

Besides, if he really wanted some help with obscure capture devices, he'd do well to ask on the OBS forums if anyone would be willing to write a plugin for his cards, people have wrote for incredibly obscure cards before, look here and here

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

But that's more work than just using something that will work 

Are you trying to say that Xsplit works? He complains that it doesn't more than not. The last time I saw him using OBS, the successor 'Obs Studio' didn't even exist. It's only more work if you consider posting on a forum a waste of time. How can you expect solutions if you don't ask for them?

14 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

But that's more work than just using something that will work 

but it doesn't work...  this is proven...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE