Project AZISAI: i7-7700K | GTX 1080 | MasterCase Pro 3 | EK Water Cooling (Complete!)

Checking out all the ekwb components

Spoiler

U2N4mBi.jpg

xazMqlf.jpg

6oLXuWK.jpg

6uZynQP.jpg

FiZBTKT.jpg

20ZEd3q.jpg

JlyUoNE.jpg

uFtTAsP.jpg

N2mIXLL.jpg

9RGGxzr.jpg

9o5WZnf.jpg

teayXci.jpg

jSKqrV3.jpg

w7Z2S7Z.jpg

This fan/radiator bracket has proven to be extremely useful

XzOxwv4.jpg

Let's go ahead and mount the reservoir

trJCsMI.jpg

R033YB3.jpg

Time to light things up

Spoiler

KsoQo5e.jpg

WMaEqGz.jpg

Oh yes

0rWV4Ld.jpg

I'll probably keep it at a more subtle glow in daily usage

FcHVgvV.jpg

Definitely prefer the paracord to the nylon of the Corsair cables

OXUdPEv.jpg

Spoiler

rMyeFWL.jpg

EdGvXD5.jpg

5mY3mjv.jpg

So vibrant

4tsUffF.jpg

lAj2MVG.jpg

Water loop assembly incoming!

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

This is beautiful. Is this the first time installing a water loop? Is it difficult?

I've been thinking about doing it for my next build but am worried I might leak liquid

that i/o shroud looks great!  makes a big difference.  Good monitor choice too!  I got a 2716dg a couple months ago and it's amazing!  gamma is a little meh but the buttery smoothness is breathtaking :o

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

On 2/26/2017 at 6:54 PM, d0p3t said:

This is beautiful. Is this the first time installing a water loop? Is it difficult?

I've been thinking about doing it for my next build but am worried I might leak liquid

Yep, first time building a loop!  It's really pretty straightforward, IMO if you can build a computer you can build a loop.

Leaks aren't likely but are always a possibility.  It's a risk you assume but as long as you take your time with the build process you shouldn't have major issues.

23 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

that i/o shroud looks great!  makes a big difference.  Good monitor choice too!  I got a 2716dg a couple months ago and it's amazing!  gamma is a little meh but the buttery smoothness is breathtaking :o

Yes, G-Sync is treating me well so far, even just running Heaven lol.  Can't wait to actually sit down and play some games now!

Loop assembly time!

GbTX5Zq.jpg

I did go ahead and get that IO shield in metallic plastic

XlGjiFC.jpg

Much nicer :)

4w660AH.jpg

You might be wondering why I'm using the lower PCIe-8x slot instead of the 16x slot.  Well, ASUS didn't exactly think this all the way through...

oT4HgVn.jpg

Oh well, not gonna cry over the 3 FPS I'll lose dropping down to 8x

vwHAnyV.jpg

Let's install blocks!

xkMdQLq.jpg

Spoiler

J6xkei9.jpg

JRQdJKw.jpg

b1XPiMM.jpg

WYnhqLl.jpg

Spoiler

UCkekas.jpg

j0IweYj.jpg

dPhkato.jpg

7TC152K.jpg

WcOQ4Dy.jpg

YMLzlyV.jpg

Beautiful

Joq2N57.jpg

Cable management time!

Spoiler

fWjGCDM.jpg

DrRw7U9.jpg

BDVQbSY.jpg

wgVblg8.jpg

Not bad

plT2o9g.jpg

No struggle whatsoever!  Glad I no longer have to put my whole body weight into closing the side panel properly :P

BjD4oAn.jpg

fXw7DbB.jpg

RGB cable's a bit awkward but it'll work

KvKpX4q.jpg

Tubing time!

Spoiler

PxUAhlR.jpg

941xAT2.jpg

UhcufmS.jpg

0NlupJ7.jpg

vGoXYTr.jpg

ZgknjhC.jpg

Gonna sneak this guy in here behind the PSU cables

t6xLvH4.jpg

Mm2eT5n.jpg

FvZl5kt.jpg

J1devNO.jpg

Y5OhtbC.jpg

SaGaUJ3.jpg

3DxIBNu.jpg

Can't forget the drain port

vtnwk3Q.jpg

Done!  Leak testing time!

yLjYYCo.jpg

Meh who needs a fancy jumper

J1hjvEU.jpg

vgaSz5Y.jpg

Gw5nJm4.jpg

And we're off!

hX7wQk4.jpg

Stay tuned to see it all come together!

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Time for the real deal!

5ineJBq.jpg

LLrpYnI.jpg

Smells like a weird paint

U3bVR2Z.jpg

X1gAijR.jpg

Yesss

mEkoYaH.jpg

That looks stunning

mdCc8Le.jpg

wAopFhh.jpg

Powered up!

gZgD99p.jpg

azrtufG.jpg

Doing the best I can to get some glam shots with this One M8 lol

ffxxeFV.jpg

DaIwOtu.jpg

Ya know I think I'm just fine with the soft tubing

lx9xmEM.jpg

JIF7Cyv.jpg

Man the memory gives the whole thing a fantastic vibrancy

8EPqx3n.jpg

ig8XJQc.jpg

mFafN6a.jpg

jHscSnL.jpg

JPoGaal.jpg

Still captivated by that tempered glass

O74WT7H.jpg

mR5rMci.jpg

Yxd5RKv.jpg

The whole setup

cKQoxZg.jpg

ruqesg2.jpg

0NVmKQA.jpg

0hRg6nt.jpg

So the build is complete!  Well...sort of.  There are couple of things I'll want to resolve.

-The memory doesn't want to boot at 3200 MHz...guess that's what I get for buying two 16GB kits instead of one 32GB kit.  I only did so because the 16GBs went up for preorder first haha.  Oh well, I'll swap them out eventually.

-CPU temps are...less than stellar.  Coming from Sandy Bridge this is my first experience with Intel's not so awesome thermal paste between the die and the heatspreader, so delidding may be in order.  I'm lazy so I might just ship it off to siliconlottery and have them take care of it.

-The GPU has some nasty coil whine :( which for some reason I didn't notice with the ACX cooler on there but is loud and clear now.  That's truly unfortunate because it's a fantastic performer, I bumped it up to 2125 MHz on the GPU clock effortlessly.  Well I'll probably RMA that sooner or later and see if I get luckier on the second try.

But for right now, I'm going to enjoy this thing and play some games, which I really haven't done regularly in quite a while.  It looks truly gorgeous, so I'm very happy with that, and at least it's whisper quiet when web browsing and doing light tasks.

Thanks everyone for following along!

Great build bro love the clean look. Unlike other soft tubing build. Ur build looks super slick. 

• 5 months later...

Looks like a great build.

I bought the IO Cover, and I'm really saddened that it blocks the upper GPU slot.

Have you considered filing it down? How secure do you think it would be with a single upper screw?

I'm pretty sure I'll be giving this mod a try.

• 10 months later...

Hey smokin build local Texan. I tracked your post down through Asus by Asus on Shapeways from their I/O Cover. I've messaged Asus so many times over the past year year and a half about that poor design and finally I got a response. It's taken a little over 2 months but finally they re designed the cover. Mind you they haven't bothered to update the Shapeways page or their own 3d print file download page with the new design. 

So you would have to upload the 3 files to the 3d printing place of your choice should you wish to gain those 3 FPS back with the x16 slot. ;-)

I myself got tired of waiting on them once I finally received a response 2 months ago and pulled the trigger on a damaged Z370E board and robbed it's I/O cover, removed the control board and cable, and installed a short RGB strip to the back of the I/O boxes to make the built in light have functioning RGB. (The connector they have on their circuit board is nothing like the onboard 5050 connectors)

So there you have it. Again nice looking build man.

z270g redesign.jpg

Proper IO Cover Design.zip