Will a wide angle adapter make a shallow bokeh/DOF go away

I'm considering buying a wide-angle adapter instead of buying a 18-55mm zoom lense, I want to know if it will keep the shallow bokeh/DOF.

4 hours ago, metroremix said:

I'm considering buying a wide-angle adapter instead of buying a 18-55mm zoom lense, I want to know if it will keep the shallow bokeh/DOF.

An 18-55 lens is one of the cheapest lenses available on the used market.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

i want to have a deep depth of field without having a high aperture i just want some help

1 hour ago, metroremix said:

i want to have a deep depth of field without having a high aperture i just want some help

So you don't want a shallow DOF?  With an APS-C sensor camera like the D3100, you will need to stop down the aperture.  Learn about using hyperfocal distance, it can help you in achieving a deep DOF without having to use extremely small apertures.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

if you dont want shallow dof, just stop down your aperture. That is really the only way. A wide angle adapter will severely degrade image quality.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz