Z170 with two Ethernet Connection

Hi guys, so I'm planning on getting the Asus's Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1, and since it has two ethernet ports,

does it mean I can utilize both at the same time? Or it is just for redundancy?

I have two different connection right here, one with 5MBPS download and 90MBPS upload and the other one with 72MBPS download and ~5MBPS upload..

If I could utilize both then I would get something crazy like 72MBPS down and 90MBPS up then.

If it's just redundancy... Then it'd be so sad.

EDIT: Both are on a different ISP and different routers.

CPU i7-7700K @5.2GHz     Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA     RAM 2 Kits of TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR     GPU 2 of ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Extreme

Case be quiet! dark base pro 900 black     Storage 4 of 6TB WD RED (on server), 2 of Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (on RAID 0), Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe, Intel 400GB 750 Series

PSU Corsair HX850i     Cooling EK-RES X3 250, EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM, EK-Supremacy EVO Gold, EK-Coolstream CE 420, Black Ice GTS420, 7 of EK-Furious Vardar FF4-140

Spoiler

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM     Keycaps Mionix Frosting + Mionix Ice Cream     Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma + Steelseries Sensei Wireless

Mousepad Custom printed by evghapad.id     Headset Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250 Ohm     DAC audioengine D1     Speaker Custom designed 7.1 by ss-audio

Microphone AntLion ModMic 4     Monitor 3 of LG 29UM58-P, 2 of Samsung C27F390     Controller XBOX ONE Elite Wireless, 3 of Sony PlayStation DS4

Using 2 internet connections to increase speed was done with dialup modems, using one for upload and one for down but I wouldn't know if anyone is still doing this. Since ADSL I have only seen business get two ISP for redundancy

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

13 minutes ago, TenzoNakami said:

Hi guys, so I'm planning on getting the Asus's Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1, and since it has two ethernet ports,

does it mean I can utilize both at the same time? Or it is just for redundancy?

I have two different connection right here, one with 5MBPS download and 90MBPS upload and the other one with 72MBPS download and ~5MBPS upload..

If I could utilize both then I would get something crazy like 72MBPS down and 90MBPS up then.

If it's just redundancy... Then it'd be so sad.

EDIT: Both are on a different ISP and different routers.

That is quite a bizarre set up, but you need a router to combine the two into preferable a single ethernet, since trying to do it in software is very difficult, or you could look for a single 100mbps down and 100mbps up connection, as if you can get two like that, you could probably get one.

Yours faithfully

Combining two separate connections into one is not that easy, and would require expensive equipment with appropriate configuration.  This is a question geared more towards networking and although I am not a network engineer, I will try to help as best I can.  Link aggregation is the practice you are talking about.  You would possibly need a NIC (Network interface controller) to accomplish this.  I recommend you searching and understanding it as it's not simple to explain in a post. 

Have a good night

Kolt L

Web developer

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can use the both at teh same time. 

You cant easily combine the inputs like that, you need a router to do that.

I was thinking of the same. I'll check out on a router that can do that later.

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Using 2 internet connections to increase speed was done with dialup modems, using one for upload and one for down but I wouldn't know if anyone is still doing this. Since ADSL I have only seen business get two ISP for redundancy

I was hosting my office's server in my home, hence why I could get that massive upload speed. But then they decided to make it better and moved the server. I don't want to lose that connection so I still pay for that even though I rarely use that.

In my country ~5MBPS up speed already is gigantic for most person.

CPU i7-7700K @5.2GHz     Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA     RAM 2 Kits of TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR     GPU 2 of ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Extreme

Case be quiet! dark base pro 900 black     Storage 4 of 6TB WD RED (on server), 2 of Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (on RAID 0), Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe, Intel 400GB 750 Series

PSU Corsair HX850i     Cooling EK-RES X3 250, EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM, EK-Supremacy EVO Gold, EK-Coolstream CE 420, Black Ice GTS420, 7 of EK-Furious Vardar FF4-140

Spoiler

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM     Keycaps Mionix Frosting + Mionix Ice Cream     Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma + Steelseries Sensei Wireless

Mousepad Custom printed by evghapad.id     Headset Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250 Ohm     DAC audioengine D1     Speaker Custom designed 7.1 by ss-audio

Microphone AntLion ModMic 4     Monitor 3 of LG 29UM58-P, 2 of Samsung C27F390     Controller XBOX ONE Elite Wireless, 3 of Sony PlayStation DS4

3 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

That is quite a bizarre set up, but you need a router to combine the two into preferable a single ethernet, since trying to do it in software is very difficult, or you could look for a single 100mbps down and 100mbps up connection, as if you can get two like that, you could probably get one.

That's why I was asking if I could just utilize both at the same time with this Z170 motherboard.

I can't get a dedicated connection for 100MBPS down and up here, it's way too expensive. Both of my current connection is dedicated and isn't that expensive hence it's speed is very unbalanced.

2 minutes ago, itzzkolt said:

Combining two separate connections into one is not that easy, and would require expensive equipment with appropriate configuration.  This is a question geared more towards networking and although I am not a network engineer, I will try to help as best I can.  Link aggregation is the practice you are talking about.  You would possibly need a NIC (Network interface controller) to accomplish this.  I recommend you searching and understanding it as it's not simple to explain in a post. 

Have a good night

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a good look into it.

And have a good night too!

Spoiler