CPU Cooler: Thermaltake 3.0 RGB 360 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI M9 ACK

RAM:  2x8 GB Corsair Vengence LED 3200 

Graphics Card: MSI Gaming X gtx 1080

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO series 256GB M.2 and WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM

Case: Phantek Enthoo Evolv

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 750W

Extra Fans: 3 X 140mm Thermaltake Riing RGB

First I like to say that I am extremely excited to be finally building a PC!  For the last two years I had done countless hours of research, and QA, to know as much as I can before I invest anything.  I will like to say before anyone points things out, yes the PSU is overkill, yes the motherboard is overkill, yes the RAM is overkill, yes the CPU cooler is overkill. I went with the 6700k for multiple reasons. One, gaming, two I am a student studying electrical engineering and astrophysics, and I am required to do a lot of coding, simulations, and rendering.  I chose the PSU because I did not want a good PSU, I wanted the best because everyone always said: "do not cheap out on a PSU."  I know that 80+ gold is all I need for this build but I did not mind spending the extra money one an 80+ titanium.  The motherboard... yes I got overly excited and went all the way, but my mother bought this as a gift for me, so it was a win-win for me.  I went with the Vengence LED kit because red LED will go great with my build.  Also, I apologize for the black and red theme build; I know red and black is completely overused.  And again I went with the Thermaltake CPU cooler because I wanted a 360 radiator, and it came with LED fans.  I do acknowledge that this is a very expensive CPU cooler, and I could have gone a hell of a lot cheaper.  I got the Gaming X because I initially saved up for the 980 ti, and then the 1080 came out, so I waited and bought the 1080.  I went with an M.2 for more the bragging rights, and for ample storage, I went with the WD Blue.  The case was the one thing I did not care how much it was. I fell in love with this case once I first saw it.  I did not want the tempered glass one though because I am scared what would happen if the glass broke. But I could not be happier with any other case.  So far I have all my parts for my PC, with the exception of the CPU cooler.  The CPU cooler was delayed due to weather(said Amazon), and will be arriving tomorrow.  I will update with photos on Saturday when the entire PC is built.  I am just overly excited about building this PC I just had to post this now!  Sorry for anyone expecting photos at this moment, I promise they will come soon!  

Should have gone with Corsair AX for more red

Image result for corsair ax

CarsonAurum, I am not looking forward to cable management, the T2 cables are all very stiff and unforgiving when it comes to bending. 

deXxterlab97, damn, at least the PSU is hidden when the case is closed up. 

12 minutes ago, russianRider said:

CPU: Intel i7 6700k

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake 3.0 RGB 360 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI M9 ACK

RAM:  2x8 GB Corsair Vengence LED 3200 

Graphics Card: MSI Gaming X gtx 1080

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO series 256GB M.2 and WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM

Case: Phantek Enthoo Evolv

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 750W

Extra Fans: 3 X 140mm Thermaltake Riing RGB

Good luck!

Try not to get addicted after you finish the build and get windows installed. You'll want to build another PC very soon!

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

3 minutes ago, russianRider said:

-snip-

Honestly MSi is the brand I dislike the most out of the big ones I find they to be like Razer who will heavily advertise on the "Gaming" idea and just sell stuff their competitors sell for a higher price because its "Gamer" and they also like Razer and Apple will often add some costs only for their name but oh well that's just a personal feeling.

but darn for a first full custom build its looking great on the paper! I wish you the biggest fun while doing it, putting mine altogether at the beginning of the month was hell of a cool experience ^^

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, russianRider said:

CarsonAurum, I am not looking forward to cable management, the T2 cables are all very stiff and unforgiving when it comes to bending. 

deXxterlab97, damn, at least the PSU is hidden when the case is closed up. 

Use @deXxterlab97 to tag people. Yeah it has PSU basement still 

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Honestly MSi is the brand I dislike the most out of the big ones I find they to be like Razer who will heavily advertise on the "Gaming" idea and just sell stuff their competitors sell for a higher price because its "Gamer" and they also like Razer and Apple will often add some costs only for their name but oh well that's just a personal feeling.

but darn for a first full custom build its looking great on the paper! I wish you the biggest fun while doing it, putting mine altogether at the beginning of the month was hell of a cool experience ^^

But then again with Graphics Cards it's also a lot about looks and MSI does this best for red imo.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

15 minutes ago, russianRider said:

The motherboard... yes I got overly excited and went all the way, but my mother bought this as a gift for me, so it was a win-win for me. 

My god, that's a $400 z170 board!

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

1 minute ago, DutchTexan said:

My god, that's a $400 z170 board!

I know, I was going to get the m5 or m7, but then my mom found out that I was looking at MSI for a z170 board,(she is a hardcore gamer) and she went all out

7 minutes ago, intelCore said:

But then again with Graphics Cards it's also a lot about looks and MSI does this best for red imo.

I sure prefer MSi looks for the AMD cards than their reference ones, however I would pick Founders Edition from nVidia anytime before considering aftermarket ones hehe

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

I sure prefer MSi looks for the AMD cards than their reference ones, however I would pick Founders Edition from nVidia anytime before considering aftermarket ones hehe

How come?

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

14 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I know MSI does that, but I was going more for the looks, thank you! I will keep you posted on my progress!

1 minute ago, russianRider said:

I know, I was going to get the m5 or m7, but then my mom found out that I was looking at MSI for a z170 board,(she is a hardcore gamer) and she went all out

She sure did. Very nice! I'm using the gaming m5 in my machine, which was also my first custom build.

Here is your machine:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XFQh2R ignore the pricing, I only order parts from Amazon, Newegg or pick them up at a local Micro Center.

Good luck with your build and school, your area of study is very stressful.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

can we just take a second to appreciate how awesome that is?

Please do, she was the one who pushed me to get build a PC

17 minutes ago, russianRider said:

That's what makes cable management fun. It's both problem solving and a testament to your ability to finish something with extreme care for all the details. ;D

1 minute ago, intelCore said:

How come?

For once, in a pure aesthetic view I have always found Founders Edition to be the Ace of looks in any card, Most aftermarket ones seem to try far too much to make it look "cool" and ends up making the same mistake brands do when making a gaming notebook that has to be as much "alien" as possible lmao, simplicity is key for a good look.

Though I do have other reasons for one the closed cooling system works great with my fan orientation in the case working as an expelling air fan reducing even more the hot air from inside the case and allowing more positive cold air put in it.

Personal Desktop":

17 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

2 minutes ago, russianRider said:

I know MSI does that, but I was going more for the looks, thank you! I will keep you posted on my progress!

I like the little LED debugger and the onboard sound on my GAMING m5. The little display is neat to look at and see current CPU temps, only wish the LEDs were red. The onboard sound is fantastic. Virtual 7.1 is useful and accurate, but most importantly the amplification can power headphones with impedance up to 300 ohms, advertised. I love it. I can't imagine all the neat things the m9 ACK can do!

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

But they do the "Gaming" part right. And they actually aren't necessarily more expensive than others. Some of their laptops are bloody brilliant in both cooling and value

Hey I still dislike Razer more than I dislike MSi xD
I'm not the type of person who games on notebooks but yeah if I would ever buy one I'd be between Acer and MSi

Personal Desktop":

4 minutes ago, russianRider said:

Please do, she was the one who pushed me to get build a PC

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XFQh2R
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XFQh2R/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 40.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($161.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M9 ACK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($396.98 @ Directron) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($195.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G Video Card  ($659.89 @ B&H) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 750W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($153.99 @ Jet) 
Case Fan: Thermaltake Riing 14 RGB 3-Pack 51.1 CFM  140mm Fans  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $2247.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-29 23:27 EST-0500

Seriously, it will be a monster

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

4 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

I like the little LED debugger and the onboard sound on my GAMING m5. The little display is neat to look at and see current CPU temps, only wish the LEDs were red. The onboard sound is fantastic. Virtual 7.1 is useful and accurate, but most importantly the amplification can power headphones with impedance up to 300 ohms, advertised. I love it. I can't imagine all the neat things the m9 ACK can do!

I know!  I look forward to learning all about over clocking with this motherboard and one thing I am planning years down the road is custom water cooling with the m9

5 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

For once, in a pure aesthetic view I have always found Founders Edition to be the Ace of looks in any card, Most aftermarket ones seem to try far too much to make it look "cool" and ends up making the same mistake brands do when making a gaming notebook that has to be as much "alien" as possible lmao, simplicity is key for a good look.

Though I do have other reasons for one the closed cooling system works great with my fan orientation in the case working as an expelling air fan reducing even more the hot air from inside the case and allowing more positive cold air put in it.

That's interesting as I would only find the FE cards to fit in a very limited amount of builds. As for the look of MSI cards I think they've found a pretty good balance between "alien" looks without going over the top.

For thermals I guess as long as you have a case with at least 3 fans any cooler design will work unless you have extreme circumstances.

4 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

ACER? 

Don't wanna get off topic in here but just how I was explaining reasons why I favour Founders Edition over aftermarket to @intelCore I believe an important matter in aesthetics is simplicity and the Acer Aspire V Nitro looks pretty much a normal professional working laptop, without any eye jump from the "alien"  stuff I made fun about and it features powerful enough hardware to at least already run over iMacs.

Personal Desktop":

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Don't wanna get off topic in here but just how I was explaining reasons why I favour Founders Edition over aftermarket to @intelCore I believe an important matter in aesthetics is simplicity and the Acer Aspire V Nitro looks pretty much a normal professional working laptop, without any eye jump from the "alien"  stuff I made fun about and it features powerful enough hardware to at least already run over iMacs.

Exactly the reason I type these posts from this very laptop. :D

1 minute ago, russianRider said:

I know!  I look forward to learning all about over clocking with this motherboard and one thing I am planning years down the road is custom water cooling with the m9

Custom loops are so attractive in my mind, but I struggle to justify the cost/returns of a fully custom loop.

I'll probably end up building one though... something about fluid dynamics as art.

I make one here almost weekly

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X