DT 770 Pro 32 Ohms

Dec_Shaw
Go to solution Solved by applesuxD,
Just now, Dec_Shaw said:

I hear people saying bose is a good make, but I'm not too sure.....

Bose is mostly popular for its wireless headphones which have very awesome active noise cancelling, best on plane flights, but if you dont use the noise cancelling, then other headphones at the same price point may sound better.. 

I would suggest you open another thread, asking about what type of headphones you want, and specifically stating for what uses.

Hi guys

I received the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 Ohms today, and I must say I'm quite disappointed. I was comparing them to my headset on my pc (Steelseries Siberia V2).

And in all fairness the Steelseries one sounded a lot better with bass and everything. The Steelseries was louder as well. 

I'm thinking of sending them back and getting my money back....

I was so excited to try them out. And nothing actually surprised me.

Am I doing something wrong here? or they supposed to be like that?

Thanks,

Dec.

Cpu Intel Core i7 (3770) 3.4GHz Qaud Core - MB MSI Intel B75MA-P45 - RAM Hypertec Hyperam 32GB - GPU EVGA Nvidia GTX 980 ti 8GB SSC - Case Cooler Master K-Series K380 Storage SSD 240GB Sandisk WD 1TB Caviar Blue - PSU EVGA 600W Bronze - Display BENQ 22' GL2450 - Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

5 minutes ago, Dec_Shaw said:

Hi guys

I received the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 Ohms today, and I must say I'm quite disappointed. I was comparing them to my headset on my pc (Steelseries Siberia V2).

And in all fairness the Steelseries one sounded a lot better with bass and everything. The Steelseries was louder as well. 

Thanks,

Dec.

Hi, can you quote what source is your sound coming from?

Like whats your Motherboard model? It may have bad onboard audio which causes it.

Go check out the "before you buy amp and dac + recommendations" Thread

You may wanna invest in a Dac or Dac/amp(if not loud enough) Combo.

Other than that, i would highly recommend you try headphones at a store before buying the next time.

If you are looking for alternatives, The Custom One Pros are not bad and do not need a dac/amp in most cases.

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

4 minutes ago, Dec_Shaw said:

Hi guys

Thanks,

Dec.

Whyt you perceive as better seems to be bassier but bassier is not objectively better even if it might subjectively be to you.
How loud a headphone gets is dependent in its efficiency. Don't be fooled by its resistance rating.

What are you using as source of playback?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

With that said, Many people agree that the 32 Ohms do not sound as good as the 250 Ohms, but, it should still sound better than most gaming headsets

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

2 minutes ago, applesuxD said:

If you are looking for alternatives, The Custom One Pros

They are also much more bass heavy so they are possibly a better option.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

They are also much more bass heavy so they are possibly a better option.

and they look straight up f**king sexy

4 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Whyt you perceive as better seems to be bassier but bassier is not objectively better even if it might subjectively be to you.
How loud a headphone gets is dependent in its efficiency. Don't be fooled by its resistance rating.

What are you using as source of playback?

6 minutes ago, applesuxD said:

Hi, can you quote what source is your sound coming from?

Like whats your Motherboard model? It may have bad onboard audio which causes it.

Go check out the "before you buy amp and dac + recommendations" Thread

You may wanna invest in a Dac or Dac/amp(if not loud enough) Combo.

Other than that, i would highly recommend you try headphones at a store before buying the next time.

If you are looking for alternatives, The Custom One Pros are not bad and do not need a dac/amp in most cases.

iPhone 5s, making sure the music is running at 320 kbit/s

Cpu Intel Core i7 (3770) 3.4GHz Qaud Core - MB MSI Intel B75MA-P45 - RAM Hypertec Hyperam 32GB - GPU EVGA Nvidia GTX 980 ti 8GB SSC - Case Cooler Master K-Series K380 Storage SSD 240GB Sandisk WD 1TB Caviar Blue - PSU EVGA 600W Bronze - Display BENQ 22' GL2450 - Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

1 minute ago, Dec_Shaw said:

Hmm, did you enable any EQ by chance,

Otherwise its likely to be that you dont like the headphone sound

What do you need?

btr soundstage,more bass,more treble, midrange? 

2 minutes ago, Dec_Shaw said:

V moda also have bassy headphones, but i personally haven't tried them so I dont know

2 minutes ago, applesuxD said:

Hmm, did you enable any EQ by chance,

Otherwise its likely to be that you dont like the headphone sound

What do you need?

btr soundstage,more bass,more treble, midrange? 

EQ is off, I'm going to send them back. 

I listen to Rap and Electronic music.

So more bass I guess aha

Thanks for helping! 

2 minutes ago, Dec_Shaw said:

EQ is off, I'm going to send them back. 

I listen to Rap and Electronic music.

So more bass I guess aha

Thanks for helping! 

Np, just if possible, head down to a store to try headphones, itll always help you decide what sound you like best

Just now, applesuxD said:

Np, just if possible, head down to a store to try headphones, itll always help you decide what sound you like best

Where I live, there isnt much stores like that... that's the problem

1 minute ago, applesuxD said:

Just now, Dec_Shaw said:

Bose is mostly popular for its wireless headphones which have very awesome active noise cancelling, best on plane flights, but if you dont use the noise cancelling, then other headphones at the same price point may sound better.. 

I would suggest you open another thread, asking about what type of headphones you want, and specifically stating for what uses.