Keeping google chrome always open

Hey guys, 

So i had an idea. I want to run Google Chrome in the background at all times so its always ready to go when I want to use it. This is a bit hard to explain. Basically, if you've ever used Skype on Windows before, you know that if you click the red x it does not actually close the program, only minimize it to the tray. Is there a way to do this for google chrome? As in if I click the red x it only minimizes it? I have fast internet and a Kingston SSD so I know the boot times for chrome are fast, but i want it to be instant. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Zackhockey6 said:

Hey guys, 

So i had an idea. I want to run Google Chrome in the background at all times so its always ready to go when I want to use it. This is a bit hard to explain. Basically, if you've ever used Skype on Windows before, you know that if you click the red x it does not actually close the program, only minimize it to the tray. Is there a way to do this for google chrome? As in if I click the red x it only minimizes it? I have fast internet and a Kingston SSD so I know the boot times for chrome are fast, but i want it to be instant. Thanks!

if you want it to be instant then just configure a RAMdisk for it.

Couldn't you just minimize chrome? 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

36 minutes ago, Flight1sim said:

Couldn't you just minimize chrome? 

yes i could... i realize that but i want it to always be open even if i hit x

41 minutes ago, tlink said:

if you want it to be instant then just configure a RAMdisk for it.

how would i do that?

43 minutes ago, Zackhockey6 said:

yes i could... i realize that but i want it to always be open even if i hit x

Actually chrome does that anyways, if you notice in the taskbar. 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

28 minutes ago, Flight1sim said:

Actually chrome does that anyways, if you notice in the taskbar. 

ehh mine doesn't... is there a way to make it? 

8 hours ago, Zackhockey6 said:

how would i do that?

you download some ramdisk software of your choice, let it load up chrome into ram while booting the computer. then you set chrome up so that if you open it again you get your last closed tabs, or just press ctrl shift t

11 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can just not close the window?

Mind Blown i just found out two Spots to the left is this minimize button 

11 hours ago, Zackhockey6 said:

Hey guys, 

Chrome legit takes less than a second To open maybe its time for a new computer. If you want your tabs to not dissapear then Theres a setting in chrome for that otherwise this need seems Weird and wont save you any more time then what you wasted on this post Unless you have a garbage Internet and bad PC maybe? 

and lets not forget exactly what you want already exists slightly to the left of the X 

12 hours ago, Zackhockey6 said:

ehh mine doesn't... is there a way to make it? 

Go into settings, open the advanced part at the bottom, and go all the way to the bottom of that and check "Allow Chrome to continue running in the background"

3 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Chrome legit takes less than a second To open maybe its time for a new computer. If you want your tabs to not dissapear then Theres a setting in chrome for that otherwise this need seems Weird and wont save you any more time then what you wasted on this post Unless you have a garbage Internet and bad PC maybe? 

and lets not forget exactly what you want already exists slightly to the left of the X 

It doesn't open in less than a second if you're on a hard drive and/or have a ton of tabs open. Mine legitimately takes up to 3 minutes to open on my laptop because I have about 300 tabs open.

4 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

my computer is fine lol.. i have high speed internet running through a cat-6 Ethernet cable and i have a 4.6 GHz quad core processor. Obviously it takes less than a second to open but since no one here understands what i want it to do then i guess its just not possible. I don't know why you just gave me so much attitude either, i was simply wondering. Isn't that what forums are for?