Once I Turn On PC Everything Else Loses Internet

chikencs

Hi, I just rebuilt my PC adding in a GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, and changed my case to a 760t. Now everything works on the PC, but I did handle my motherboard like shit when changing case and now when I turn on my pc with the ethernet plugged into my motherboard everything else on WiFi just loses Internet and only I get it on my PC. I've looked into it a little and apparently it's my NIC that's broken, and I think Im gonna get a new ethernet pci slot and a wifi adapter. I know my pc doesn't have malware and checked to make sure a program didn't eat it. Is this the correct thing to do? Is my motherboard screwed? If any networky people can help I'd appreciate it because I'm lost.

Off the top of my head:

- Make sure your IP isn't conflicting with anything (even just by setting it to a random static outside the range of # of connected devices on your network.   Example: 192.168.0.50)

- Try a different port on your Modem/Router/Switch just in case it isn't on your side.

- Connect another computer via Ethernet and see if the issue reoccurs.

Apologies if this isn't too much help but it's surprising how simple things like what I've listed can help sus things out.

Make sure that on your PC, you do not have the wired and wireless NICs bridged, and that Internet Connection Sharing is turned off. Make sure that your wired NIC is set to use DHCP and does not have an alternate IP address assigned.

What you are describing is almost impossible to be caused by damage to your PC. 

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Okay, tomorrow I'm going to try out these suggestions because it didn't occur until right after I built my pc, right after I turned it on this started. I am going to buy a wifi adapter USB and Ethe rent card tomorrow to start, then if that still kills the Internet I'll try these. Thanks

I've seen issues in the past with some of the ASUS suite of tools. If you installed any of these I would try removing them for the time being. Specifically the issue I saw in the past was related to AISuite which was causing the router/AIO to reboot whenever the PC was on.

An easy test is turning the PC on and enable safe mode with networking. If this works just fine it's likely an application or process causing the issue.

Hi I just launched in safe mode and everything is working. Thanks. But how do I find out which process or app is actually doing it? Should I clean my pc out?