Facebook video streaming issues on many different internet connection? Is my internet at fault?

harambepeanut

I have tested 3 different ISPs and on 2 different mobile networks, one of them was 3G and the other was 4G and on all connections the fb videos loaded and played for 3 seconds after which then started to buffer for a long time, some would play after a long while while other dont play at all. I live in Pakistan so I dont know if the problem is only isolated to my country or does everyone face this problem. So do you guys face a similar problem like I do?

Most likely you are very far from a facebook server so you can't keep a good connection. Does this happen on other sites?

Hello

45 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Most likely you are very far from a facebook server so you can't keep a good connection. Does this happen on other sites?

No only on fb. I can stream 1080p on youtube without any problems but 240p on facebook refuses to play

6 minutes ago, harambepeanut said:

No only on fb. I can stream 1080p on youtube without any problems but 240p on facebook refuses to play

then you're probably very far from a FB server

Hello

I am actually quite far but I get fings of 150ms when I ping the fb server, that isnt bad?

8 minutes ago, harambepeanut said:

I am actually quite far but I get fings of 150ms when I ping the fb server, that isnt bad?

For streaming it kind of is

Hello

7 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

then you're probably very far from a FB server

I've never streamed anything before, But I don't think a ping time would matter. As long as the data is getting there, it shouldn't matter.

13 hours ago, Mornincupofhate said:

I've never streamed anything before, But I don't think a ping time would matter. As long as the data is getting there, it shouldn't matter.

It would matter because the contact to the server wouldn't be fast enough to keep up the stream

Hello

1 hour ago, TAHIRMIA said:

It would matter because the contact to the server wouldn't be fast enough to keep up the stream

But why do youtube works perfectly fine and fb videos dont? The servers are equally far away.

6 minutes ago, harambepeanut said:

But why do youtube works perfectly fine and fb videos dont? The servers are equally far away.

Because on FB your watching live content which comes from the streamer onto FB. on YT it is processed and the best version available for your connection is sent to you

Hello