FRESH BUILT PC WON'T BOOT

420RetroCop

!!!!EDIT 3!!!! I have installed the pc OUTSIDE of the case, just the motherboard, gpu and psu. Connected the 2 power SW pins together and it turned on!

When i was installing the big pin connectors, they did require SO MUCH FK*N FORCE. My thumbs got destroyed, i dunno maybe that fixed it.

BUT then i installed the motherboard again inside the case, and same problem, nothing works, the motherboard acts like there is 0 power on it...

*EDIT 2* I added pictures where everything goes into my psu, The gpu power cable goes into one of the 4, 8pin pcie/cpu connectors, same with my 8pin cpu power connector.

The storage and case fan, they all go into hdd/sata. And the big 24 pin caple has 2 sides, one that of course goes into the motherboard, and one side with 2 parts, one 18pin connector and one 10 pin connector at the top of my psu, so i plugged in both.

EDIT: Paperclip test worked fine, the psu does start up

Did try powering on the motherboard by closing 2 connections where Power SW is, nothing.

Unplugged cables and plugged them back in, nothing.

Yes the PSU is switched on...

Tried using a different outlet and nothing.

All cables are plugged where they are supposed to be.

My worst fear is motherboard being dead on arrive, as those things are pricy.

Title pretty much sums it up.

I have built a gaming rig for my own use, i got all the parts, plugged it all in where they were supposed to. And when i try to power the PC on, nothing happens nor any lights on the motherboard light up. The 24-pin cableplugged in correctly to the PSU, the 4x2 cpu power connector plugged in and to the PSU, the Led switches + and -'s plugged in the right way, the NZXT s340 elite has no reset switch but the power switch is plugged in(not into the reset slot, But the right one) 

But when i try to power it up, nothing, i checked the PSU on/off switches and tried attaching the power cable to a different place, still nothing.

some pictures added,

Specs

Cooler master v series 550W PSU

MSI z170 krait gaming 3x

intel i7-6700k

EVGA gtx 1070 FTW 8 gb

Case NZXT s340 Elite white

Adrian1.jpg

adrian2.jpg

adrian3.jpg

adrian4.jpg

adrian5.jpg

adrian6.jpg

Have you tested the PSU with the paper clip method?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

It might seem stupid, but check the switch on the outside of the PSU next to the power cable is enabled. @420RetroCop

PC Specs

i7 6700

Asus H110-PLUS

ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC

EVGA G2 550W PSU

3TB HD & 255GB SSD

CiT Galaxy Evolution

Upgrades

EVGA G2 550W PSU

Asus Strix GTX 1070

NZXT S340 ELITE BLACK

try removing all cables and re plugging them in.

If that doesn't work remove all drives, the graphics card, and remove all but 1 sticks of the ram, then try again

1 minute ago, Protex said:

It might seem stupid, but check the switch on the outside of the PSU next to the power cable is enabled.

he checked it he said

Are you plugging it into a power bar? If so I'd check that.

Check the switch on the back of the PSU.

If you're getting absolutely nothing, I'd say PSU is at fault.

1 minute ago, Protex said:

It might seem stupid, but check the switch on the outside of the PSU next to the power cable is enabled.

Haha, my first thought as well.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, Protex said:

It might seem stupid, but check the switch on the outside of the PSU next to the power cable is enabled. @420RetroCop

Yas

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

i will do that

Ima check some mobo manual to see if you plug cables in the right spot

You should try to remove all cables from ur psu and connect the green wire with and black wire mannualy

2 minutes ago, begadelavela said:

did u put ram in right slots?

5148.mem-slot.png 

PC Specs

i7 6700

Asus H110-PLUS

ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC

EVGA G2 550W PSU

3TB HD & 255GB SSD

CiT Galaxy Evolution

Upgrades

EVGA G2 550W PSU

Asus Strix GTX 1070

NZXT S340 ELITE BLACK

The motherboard is one of the "slim" atx ones and I see the stand-offs on the right resting up against the edge of the board. I seriously doubt they could be shorting anything, but if they are removable, try unscrewing the spare ones so they don't contact the edge of the board.

And I assume CPU FAN1 is connected?

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

1 minute ago, SonoDanshi said:

The motherboard is one of the "slim" atx ones and I see the stand-offs on the right resting up against the edge of the board. I seriously doubt they could be shorting anything, but if they are removable, try unscrewing the spare ones so they don't contact the edge of the board.

would still boot without a cpu fan 

You need to plug your power header to JFP1

nvm he did plug it to jfp1, picture too dark to see

I think the power switch IO plugin is upside down, try to put it in with the letters facing down. What exactly is it doing? hit the power button and absolutely nothing?

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Try plugging it into a different outlet, might sound crazy but just like two days ago someone had that issue and that solved it.

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Try plugging it into a different outlet, might sound crazy but just like two days ago someone had that issue and that solved it.

Done that and nothing :(

1 minute ago, 420RetroCop said:

Done that and nothing :(

Hmmm idk these things have a simple solution 99 percent of the time but the issue is figuring it out.

21 minutes ago, SonoDanshi said:

The cpu fan is connected to cpufan3, for the cleaner look

32 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Just did it, it worked fine

22 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

I think the power switch IO plugin is upside down, try to put it in with the letters facing down. What exactly is it doing? hit the power button and absolutely nothing?

No sign of life at all, paperclip test worked fine

Just now, 420RetroCop said:

No sign of life at all, paperclip test worked fine

Try to short the power switch with a screw driver on the motherboard, @deXxterlab97 said something worth mentioning, his diagrams showed that the correct port for the IO stuff was the second one from those capacitors (I think) Might be the cause. Just be careful when using the screw driver to short the switch. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.