using two internet connections for stream&play at the same time?

stuck stock heatsink

here's my problem...

i only have 3mbps upload speed, and i wanna stream on twitch...

41iYPco.png

wCMhaZF.png

my in game ping is 67ms off-stream but when i stream ping jumps to 120ms average with spikes up to 200+ unstable&unplayable.

even if i set low bitrate like 1000kbps that happens... tried wtfast&netbalancer etc. helped a bit, didnt fix it completely... still unplayable when i stream.

so, im thinking about getting a second connection. slower adsl for only gaming. i will connect to game through adsl and stream&watch stream&read chat&listen spotify etc... everything else will be on vdsl connection.

is that possible though? my mobo has only 1 ethernet port, i have a cheapo wifi adapter... can i connect my adsl with ethernet, vdsl with wifi and set my adsl for only game and block everything else? how?

2 minutes ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

here's my problem...

i only have 3mbps upload speed, and i wanna stream on twitch...

41iYPco.png

wCMhaZF.png

my in game ping is 67ms off-stream but when i stream ping jumps to 120ms average with spikes up to 200+ unstable&unplayable.

even if i set low bitrate like 1000kbps that happens... tried wtfast&netbalancer etc. helped a bit, didnt fix it completely... still unplayable when i stream.

so, im thinking about getting a second connection. slower adsl for only gaming. i will connect to game through adsl and stream&watch stream&read chat&listen spotify etc... everything else will be on vdsl connection.

is that possible though? my mobo has only 1 ethernet port, i have a cheapo wifi adapter... can i connect my adsl with ethernet, vdsl with wifi and set my adsl for only game and block everything else? how?

I don't think you can really do that, I'd suggest just upgrading your whole internet plan instead of doing two. Probably about the same price.

3 minutes ago, CFstorm said:

I don't think you can really do that, I'd suggest just upgrading your whole internet plan instead of doing two. Probably about the same price.

not possible. highest upload speed for 32mbps plans is 3mbps... i tried to convince my shitty isp for it, they dont do it even if i over-pay for only upload speed...

for 64mbps plans 4mbps upload and still might affect my ping, since 1000kbps stream affecting my 3mbps upload speed... also i can't get 64mbps plan. you can see my attainable rates.

7 minutes ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

not possible. highest upload speed for 32mbps plans is 3mbps... i tried to convince my shitty isp for it, they dont do it even if i over-pay for only upload speed...

for 64mbps plans 4mbps upload and still might affect my ping, since 1000kbps stream affecting my 3mbps upload speed... also i can't get 64mbps plan. you can see my attainable rates.

Who is your isp and are you in the us?

1 minute ago, CFstorm said:

Who is your isp and are you in the us?

vodafone and no.

no cable or fiber... only dsl(adsl-vdsl) and im on the best plan possible here. i can't even pay to get a better connection. having two separate connections is the only option. if it's possible to use that way.

2 minutes ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

vodafone and no.

no cable or fiber... only dsl(adsl-vdsl) and im on the best plan possible here. i can't even pay to get a better connection. having two separate connections is the only option. if it's possible to use that way.

What country are you in? (Not to be weird, sorry)

and check this post out: 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/32090-42-multiple-internet-connections

1 minute ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

turkey, sadly...

Did you see the link in my other post?

If you could purchase a second internet connection, you could setup routes to load balance your connection between the two connections. You'd have to do a bit with services like WireShark etc... but it could technically do what you're suggesting. Wouldn't be easy (or for beginners). Don't just Load Balance your internet, as it'll mixmatch packets.

You could consider a service like Connectify (which connects to a VPN) to bond multiple connections into one.

However you should know that 1000 kbps is equivalent to 1 Mbps, and if you have 3 Mbps upload... something isn't right there.

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!

1 minute ago, Remix said:

If you could purchase a second internet connection, you could setup routes to load balance your connection between the two connections. You'd have to do a bit with services like WireShark etc... but it could technically do what you're suggesting. Wouldn't be easy (or for beginners). Don't just Load Balance your internet, as it'll mixmatch packets.

You could consider a service like Connectify (which connects to a VPN) to bond multiple connections into one.

However you should know that 1000 kbps is equivalent to 1 Mbps, and if you have 3 Mbps upload... something isn't right there.

dsl is not stable enough. it wouldnt affect ping like that on fiber connection probably...

i have 3mbps upload and even if i stream at 2500kbps i dont get any frame drops, still using more than 1mbps upload affects my ping.

i dont wanna combine them, connecting through vpn would ruin my ping anyways. i wanna connect to my online game through ethernet, and everything else through wifi... thats all. why isnt that possible?

15 hours ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

dsl is not stable enough. it wouldnt affect ping like that on fiber connection probably...

i have 3mbps upload and even if i stream at 2500kbps i dont get any frame drops, still using more than 1mbps upload affects my ping.

i dont wanna combine them, connecting through vpn would ruin my ping anyways. i wanna connect to my online game through ethernet, and everything else through wifi... thats all. why isnt that possible?

The way the network protocol is developed won't let you easily do this. It's just the way it is. If you wanted, you could purchase a *second computer* for streaming, add a capture card, and do it that way. That would let you achieve some level of control and use wireless for that.

You should consider setting up QoS on your router, and bumping your upload to 2.5 Mbps. Your ping is spiking due to it utilizing or (surpassing) the amount necessary for overhead/icmp. If you dialed it back to 2.5 Mbps, when you streamed at 1 Mbps... it should yield in slightly better performance. Your game shouldn't need more than 1.5 Mbps upload.

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!

2 minutes ago, Remix said:

The way the network protocol is developed won't let you easily do this. It's just the way it is. If you wanted, you could purchase a *second computer* for streaming, add a capture card, and do it that way. That would let you achieve some level of control and use wireless for that.

You should consider setting up QoS on your router, and bumping your upload to 2.5 Mbps. Your ping is spiking due to it utilizing or (surpassing) the amount necessary for overhead/icmp. If you dialed it back to 2.5 Mbps, when you streamed at 1 Mbps... it should yield in slightly better performance. Your game shouldn't need more than 1.5 Mbps upload.

i tried setting qos but my router doesnt have a good qos option

EjzLCrY.png

only limiting maximum "download" speed for separate devices. cant set qos by application/port/ip 

also, i have killer ethernet on my mobo. even if i set highest priority for game and low for obs it doesnt do anything at all... same with netbalancer priorities just a little bit difference.

i have a second pc but its just a laptop and i dont have a capture card...

can i stream to my laptop via NGINX rtmp on lan, then stream to twitch from my laptop from wifi? without capture card?

Yes, you can very much do that.

If you can get a pfSense router, you can "load balance" the connections. Now keep in mind it won't directly combine the connections. Each line will still have a different public IP address. 

You could probably create two Vlans; One for you, and one for everyone else on the network. Have the first Vlan set to use the connection for your family, then the other Vlan can use the other connection that you're going to buy.

25 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Yes, you can very much do that.

If you can get a pfSense router, you can "load balance" the connections. Now keep in mind it won't directly combine the connections. Each line will still have a different public IP address. 

You could probably create two Vlans; One for you, and one for everyone else on the network. Have the first Vlan set to use the connection for your family, then the other Vlan can use the other connection that you're going to buy.

im living alone.

36 minutes ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

im living alone.

I read it wrong, I thought you wanted to load balance the traffic between you and your family.

You want to game on one connection, and then use the other connection for twitch, right?

39 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

I read it wrong, I thought you wanted to load balance the traffic between you and your family.

You want to game on one connection, and then use the other connection for twitch, right?

yes

you can use a multi-wan router to do this, free router/firewall packages out there such as pfSense can do this.  I do it with a Virgin and BT connection in the UK, one is vdsl the other coax/cable.

Let me know if you are actually interested in doing this and I will go through in more detail, heres an old vid of my config;

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

4 minutes ago, Falconevo said:

you can use a multi-wan router to do this, free router/firewall packages out there such as pfSense can do this.  I do it with a Virgin and BT connection in the UK, one is vdsl the other coax/cable.

Let me know if you are actually interested in doing this and I will go through in more detail, heres an old vid of my config;

no. i dont wanna combine speeds.

i just wanna be able to stream without affecting my game ping.

and found a solution i guess.. they said it can be done but i havent tried yet.

basically i will use 2 pc and 2 internet instead of using both internet connections from a single pc.

You dont have to combine, thats just my config.  You can set certain ports to exit via an alternate wan connection and have the benefits of bonding when you need it.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

1 minute ago, Falconevo said:

You dont have to combine, thats just my config.  You can set certain ports to exit via an alternate wan connection and have the benefits of bonding when you need it.

well i dont have to spend any money on my way :D this is the only benefit im looking for right now. it'll do the job for me.

3 hours ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

yes

The only way I can think of doing this would be to create a separate dedicated streaming computer. From there, You'd need to create two VLans. One Vlan has one connection on it and the second Vlan has the other connection on it, then you'd just connect the machines like so.