Airport shooting?

orangecat

First off, that's me. I did 4 years in the USMC and EASed as a cpl. Do not attack my military service again.

Second, if what you are describing is a stripper clip, you are correct with that definition. However, in the military and other areas, "clip" is often used as slang to mean removable magazine. Slang or otherwize the dwfinition is still there.

Thank you for your service. 

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

First off, that's me. I did 4 years in the USMC and EASed as a cpl. Do not attack my military service again.

Second, if what you are describing is a stripper clip, you are correct with that definition. However, in the military and other areas, "clip" is often used as slang to mean removable magazine. Slang or otherwize the dwfinition is still there.

First off I will do whatever I want, and to clarify I never attacked your military service. Also slang is not an official language or part of the English language so when speaking in terms of press which commonly misuse words or skew definitions for their benefit I prefer to be grammatically correct.

Edited by MG2R
Moderated content

Wish we would take a page of the UK's book.  mrpants is completely right, there are wayyy too many gun deaths here.  It's unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination.  Doubt anything will ever come of it though. 

It's not so much the fact we have them, it's more to do with the fact with, we as a society have some pretty fucked up people. It is like a disease for society. If you take away guns, they will use something else to do what they are trying to accomplish.

Taking away guns will do nothing to cull these disturbed people. It would be like curing a symptom of a disease, just to have another one appear.

Thank you for your service. 

Semper fi

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

First off I will do whatever the I want, and to clarify I never attacked your military service

"Glad the guy with the photo of a kid in the military"

I might be missing something here, but that sure as hell seems like you think I pulled a picture of the internet

Also slang is not an official language or part of the English language so when speaking in terms of press which commonly misuse words or skew definitions for their benefit I prefer to be grammatically correct.

slang is part of the English history, that's how English came to be.

so when speaking in terms of press which commonly misuse words or skew definitions for their benefit

Replacing "magazine" with "clip" does none of that.

I might be missing something here, but that sure as hell seems like you think I pulled a picture of the internet

slang is part of the English history, that's how English came to be.

Replacing "magazine" with "clip" does none of that.

I have absolutely no clue how you got the impression that I was assuming you got the photo off the internet, I was pointing out that you or immediate family were once active duty and should know the difference between a magazine and a clip.

Slang is NOT officially part of the English language, whether or not American English was derived from slang still has nothing to do with what is officially accepted.

Replacing magazine with clip does have beneficial effects for the press, the uneducated are more familiar with the word clip and not magazine. I promise you ask people and 99% of them won't know the difference. This comes into play for propaganda and for laws, if you take a soccer mom who knows jack shit about firearms and tell her that you want to ban "high capacity clips" in her mind she is imagining a magazine but little does she know that if a law went into place banning clips that that wouldn't do anything to magazines. You have to be aware that not everyone has served in the military and you have to open your mind and put yourself in someone else's shoes.

I have absolutely no clue how you got the impression that I was assuming you got the photo off the internet, I was pointing out that you or immediate family were once active duty and should know the difference between a magazine and a clip.

Slang is NOT officially part of the English language, whether or not American English was derived from slang still has nothing to do with what is officially accepted.

Replacing magazine with clip does have beneficial effects for the press, the uneducated are more familiar with the word clip and not magazine. I promise you ask people and 99% of them won't know the difference. This comes into play for propaganda and for laws, if you take a soccer mom who knows jack shit about firearms and tell her that you want to ban "high capacity clips" in her mind she is imagining a magazine but little does she know that if a law went into place banning clips that that wouldn't do anything to magazines. You have to be aware that not everyone has served in the military and you have to open your mind and put yourself in someone else's shoes.

srsly -.-

dont do pissing matches on threads, take it to PM

Character artist in the Games industry.

I've been listening to live news for about 4 hours now and no body knows what happened, I've heard everything from 1 dead and 2 injured to 2 dead and 10 injured. At first they were saying the gunman was dead then they were saying he killed himself, now apparently he is in custody and seen in the back of a police car and then the last I heard he was in critical condition and a hospital. All of it is complete nonsense and it was staged by government for anti gun laws.

Edit* AND I SWEAR TOGOD IF I HEAR SOMEONE SAY "CLIP" WHEN REFERRING TO A MAGAZINE ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO LOSE IT.

I KNOW RIGHT? I CANT STAND THAT!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I guess between you typing and me reading, context was lost.

So much slang is socially accepted, though.

It's not the fact that they do this, it's the fact that people are not educated on weapons.

God damn the violent people out there with access to all these weapons, they keep giving politicians an excuse to impose tighter and tighter security and surveillance for citizens.

I don't think America will ever be able to fix this.

1. They won't be able to make the stupid people more intelligent.

2. It would be next to impossible to ban all guns (if they decided to do that)

Americans are against the idea of banning guns, but with so many crazy people in that country, I think that might be the only option.

All countries have they're fair share of stupid people, even Australia. But, take all these incidents that have been happening in America, and replace the weapon with a knife or something.

Automatically less people would have died in these attacks.

If America would have had strict gun laws from the beginning then none of this would have happened. Sure people go crazy and try to rob a servo but that happens in almost every country.

And because of all this + their debt + their current government problems, I think America have dug themselves a hole in which they can't get out of.

I mean no offence to anyone who lives in America but it's just the way I see it.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

-video-

Very related. Like always, media glorifying shootings.

and then they make every news about games being mindless killing that are taken to seriously by ignorant -_-

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

in all honesty, we dont get the crap in the UK and dispite what most people think, we do have guns over hear, but the number 1 thing over here is, we have SOOOO MANY laws in place that makes it nearly impossible.

If the US wants the crap with guns to be over, take a page from there makers, look in to UK gun laws and regulations and stop using a piece of paper written 'to define peace, in times of war in the homeland'.

I think some Redefinition is needed to establish new boundaries.

It may be a good idea to do something about it but Americans like their guns and its part of their constitution. Americans no longer need to have guns of their own because the entire point of ti was so that citizens could protect themselves against an attacker way back when America was first founded but we have long since needed to have guns. If Americans would get rid of their guns or make owning a gun allot more difficult then maybe there would be allot less gun problems.

I've been listening to live news for about 4 hours now and no body knows what happened, I've heard everything from 1 dead and 2 injured to 2 dead and 10 injured. At first they were saying the gunman was dead then they were saying he killed himself, now apparently he is in custody and seen in the back of a police car and then the last I heard he was in critical condition and a hospital. All of it is complete nonsense and it was staged by government for anti gun laws.

Edit* AND I SWEAR TOGOD IF I HEAR SOMEONE SAY "CLIP" WHEN REFERRING TO A MAGAZINE ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO LOSE IT.

post-1491-0-55349900-1383349428.jpg