I might've successfully OC'd my CPU?

Hey, I have a 4930k, and its clocked at 3.4 on factory, but now after doing some tuning in the BIOS I'm left with this in HWMonitor: https://gyazo.com/68a26d89b810befb1b0fb2ac501f73a8

Also for some reason PCIE Gen3 wasn't on in the BIOS (I enabled it now). Could that mean much more performance out of my GTX 1080?

Thanks!

Here's what Task Manager says (not under load): https://gyazo.com/5d018c33faf5fd7884e77987275eb9a9

Also there's some voltages here if that's useful: https://gyazo.com/21b4057868a3dcf346a2405f1252bb34

1 Do not Enable PCIE Gen 3 cuz Nvidia cards do not support it.

2. WHats your MotherBoard's name?

3. What exactly is your problem? 

1 minute ago, VeryDogeTV said:

1 Do not Enable PCIE Gen 3 cuz Nvidia cards do not support it.

2. WHats your MotherBoard's name?

3. What exactly is your problem? 

Wtf? Nvidia cards do support pcie gen 3. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

Wtf? Nvidia cards do support pcie gen 3. I have no idea what you're talking about.

yeah you are right, sorry, but as far as i know it makes close to zero difference

Also, those voltages seem a bit high. At 4.1 ghz it should be more like 1.15-1.2 volts. What do you have it set to in the bios? And have you tried booting with a lower voltage?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Quote:

There's a slight difference between a high end graphics card running at 8x 3.0 and 8x 2.0 but no noticeable difference between a card running at 16x 3.0 and 16x 2.0. 8x 3.0 is understandably on par with 16x 2.0 "

Also, those voltages seem a bit high. At 4.1 ghz it should be more like 1.15-1.2 volts. What do you have it set to in the bios? And have you tried booting with a lower voltage?

Zentex, If you tell me your Botherboards name i can help you

yeah you are right, sorry, but as far as i know it makes close to zero difference

Ya. I don't think there should be much of a performance difference between pcie 2.0 x16 and 3.0 x16. I think OP is asking if the overclock looks good.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

If you tell me your Botherboards name i can help you

His description in his profile says he has Alienware mobo.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

His description in his profile says he has Alienware mobo.

alienware has custom mobos? damn they make it all complicated..

Yeah they do, when I bought this, I only wanted the case, and I realized I also needed the mobo to get the RGB on the R4 ALX case to work, so I'm stuck with a dell mobo.

Don't know. OP probably means whatever mobo came with an Alienware system that had a 4930k. Idk if Alienware designs it themselves or if they borrow the design from Dell (who owns them).

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Zentex said:

Yeah they do, when I bought this, I only wanted the case, and I realized I also needed the mobo to get the RGB on the R4 ALX case to work, so I'm stuck with a dell mobo.

in Hard Ware Monitor at the TOP it should say your MoBos Name.

Unbenannt.PNG

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Don't know. OP probably means whatever mobo came with an Alienware system that had a 4930k. Idk if Alienware designs it themselves or if they borrow the design from Dell (who owns them).

Just did a Time Spy* bench. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/16957515

Look good?

Just now, VeryDogeTV said:

in Hard Ware Monitor at the TOP it should say your MoBos Name.

Unbenannt.PNG

Alienware 0FPV4P

Go in your Bios:

Intel Speed Step Technoligy OFF

Core Clock Multiplayer x42

CPU Voltage OVERRIDE MODE

PCIE GEN 2

( Voltage should be at 1.2 - 1.3 volts, if not set it on that manually. )

DO NOT CHANGE THE CPU CASHE RATIO!

only core ratio!

Just now, VeryDogeTV said:

Go in your Bios:

Intel Speed Step Technoligy OFF

Core Clock Multiplayer x42

CPU Voltage OVERRIDE MODE

PCIE GEN 2

( Voltage should be at 1.2 - 1.3 volts, if not set it on that manually. )

DO NOT CHANGE THE CPU CASHE RATIO!

only core ratio!

Why Speed Step off? What exactly is that?

The Alienware BIOS is more confusing then you'd expect.

1 minute ago, Zentex said:

Why Speed Step off? What exactly is that?

The Alienware BIOS is more confusing then you'd expect.

speed step is intel autmaitcly stepping down the CPU, you dont need that cuz if you have such a rig i do not think you care about 3-5 more wats its consumes .. it can also fix your bad score in 3dmark

speed step is intel autmaitcly stepping down the CPU, you dont need that cuz if you have such a rig i do not think you care about 3-5 more wats its consumes .. it can also fix your bad score in 3dmark

Okay. Now I really am lost on all the other things you were saying. I saw SpeedStep in the BIOS but I really don't remember seeing the other things.