NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti has great overclocking potential GEFORCE GTX 780 TI

Youbetternot

At school can't add pictures sorry when I get home I will add my insite. LOOK AT SOURCE FOR PICTURE

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti with 3GB, 6GB and 12GB memory

The new NVIDIA’s flagship is much more than GeForce GTX 780 replacement. Despite the fact that reference card will only arrive with 3GB memory, it does not mean that there won’t be the cards with more memory. The rumor has it that NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti will be available in 3 versions: 3GB, 6GB and even 12GB. Which version are you going to choose will only depend on how deep your pockets are.

No custom models next week

According to my information, we won’t see custom GTX 780 Ti models at launch. This is the same story as with R9 290X, manufacturers were simply not prepared for this release, so it will take some time to finalize the designs with custom PCBs and cooling solutions.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti has great overclocking potential

NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti features 876 MHz base clock and 928 MHz boost clock. I managed to confirm that with stock cooler it can overclock up to 1240 MHz (based on Afterburner readings). I even saw a GPU-Z screenshot with 1851 MHz memory clock (7.4 GHz). I don’t know if these are stable clocks, all I know it was enough to complete multiple 3Dmark benchmark runs, which I saw.

I made a chart with cumulative performance from 3DMark11 and 3DMark Fire Strike (both Extreme presets). These scores are based on 100% true tests, I was asked not to publish the numbers, but nobody said I cannot post them in percentages.

I took R9 290X as a reference for this comparison. Long story short, the GTX 780 Ti is about 6% faster than R9 290X, this is out-of-the-box performance. With overclocking GTX 780 Ti can be 15-23% faster than R9 290X. To illustrate, GTX 780 Ti scored 6100k points in 3DMark 11 with 1246 MHz clock, and let me remind you, we are still talking about reference cooler.

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

12 Gb? :o Is this true? Well until volta, it will be card with most memory :D

the 12gb thing makes sense with nvidia trying really hard to push 4k and show that their cards are the best choice for it. 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

12 Gig seems a bit excessive tbh. I mean... for SLI maybe, would give you 12 Gig each but... I dunno I cant see it being used tbh. Even at 4k on multiple monitors. I mean, people play just fine 2k on 3 monitors with 2 and 3 gig so... 

Cant wait for Linus and Slick to do their hands on review tbh. Will be interesting to hear their opinions and then compare them to others out there

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

the 12gb thing makes sense with nvidia trying really hard to push 4k and show that their cards are the best choice for it. 

i think 12gb is enough for 4k surround lol, and we're a LONG WAYS  away from that.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

i don't see why they don't have after market coolers ready, because 780, 780ti and titan are the same card.

the man in black

i don't see why they don't have after market coolers ready, because 780, 780ti and titan are the same card.

Everyone wants the reference cooler, because it looks cool

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile