Best DDR4 for gaming

I have an enthusiast rig and I'm wondering what kind of DDR4 to get. I'm primarily using it for gaming. I have a 1080 and a 6700k 

Any that look good and has enough GBs for what you need which is probably 8 or 16. I'd recommend at least 2400mhz.

Which exact ram you get isn't as important.

-アパゾ

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

What motherboard? After 3000 MHz RAM you wont really see a big difference in games. 

2 minutes ago, SwiftCraftmc said:

Yep

Gigabyte G1

4 hours ago, Matias_Chambers said:

What motherboard? After 3000 MHz RAM you wont really see a big difference in games. 

This is completely false. In fact, I recently stumbled upon an article addressing this very topic.

http://www.techspot.com/article/1171-ddr4-4000-mhz-performance/

The general rule of thumb is to have your RAM running as fast, or faster, than the cores on your CPU. And if you're OCing, keep the volume of RAM to a minimum.. say 16GB (8GB x 2). The fewer sticks, the more stability.

4 minutes ago, LuckyDuck69 said:

This is completely false. In fact, I recently stumbled upon an article addressing this very topic.

http://www.techspot.com/article/1171-ddr4-4000-mhz-performance/

The general rule of thumb is to have your RAM running as fast, or faster, than the cores on your CPU. And if you're OCing, keep the volume of RAM to a minimum.. say 16GB (8GB x 2). The fewer sticks, the more stability.

The performance improvements aren't huge, and it varies a lot from game to game. And who knows if he has a motherboard that can even support 4000 MHz RAM not to mention the price...

Best DDR4 is DDR4.

i7 5930k - 32GB Gskill Trident 3200 - EVGA x99 FTW-K - RX 480 8GB Nitro Crossfire