GPU led indicator/software

TechguyES

So, i got this asus 1060 6gb strix. and when my pc is off, there is a white led under the connector that constantly shines, I couldn't find any info on the asus website for it, but what does it mean if it constantly shines, even when the pc is on and can I turn it off?

Also, why can't i set the external fans in GPU tweak from asus under 50%?

why does every manufacturer have some kind of idiotical flaw or stupidity in their software, and why is there no manual whatsoever for the card and it's features.

Please HAAALP, Thanks.

PS: Merry Christmas to all!!!

The little led on the card is most likely a power led showing that he card has power though the pci. Not sure it can be turned off.

I know there were problems with the fan speed control but I'm not too sure.

-アパゾ

didn't you know that PC "enthusiast" actually meas someone so obsessed with Computer bits and pieces that these Vendors can sell half baked rubbish and the enthusiasts will actually treat it as a feature?

GPU Tweak II has always been buggy and flawed in my experience. The last time I tried it with my old Asus GTX 660, The manual fan curve didnt work at all.  

While I understand that you may need to have it installed to have a way to manage the silly LED lights on  the card, MSI Afterburner is a much better, more fully featured Overclock Utility than the Asus software

1 minute ago, GTBTK said:

didn't you know that PC "enthusiast" actually meas someone so obsessed with Computer bits and pieces that these Vendors can sell half baked rubbish and the enthusiasts will actually treat it as a feature?

GPU Tweak II has always been buggy and flawed in my experience. The last time I tried it with my old Asus GTX 660, The manual fan curve didnt work at all.  

While I understand that you may need to have it installed to have a way to manage the silly LED lights on  the card, MSI Afterburner is a much better, more fully featured Overclock Utility than the Asus software

too bad i can't control the external fans through the msi afterburner,

and when i use msi afterburner i can't set the fan speed of the gpu below 25% it's that or 0%

AND msi afterburner conflicts with my card, if i set it to 25%, because the fans will stop then spin at 25% then turn off, repeat cycly

I have the little white LED on my GTX 1080 at the power connector also. There's no way to turn it off unfortunately, it's just a power indicator.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

I had that with my old card. It was meant to shine when there is unstable power going to the gpu I think. Not sure why it'd stay on tho. 0-0

OK well scratch that Idea. I forgot about the extra PWM header the Asus cards have.

If I use a curve, I am using it with the expectations that the fans will spin 100% of the time and only vary speed with temperature changes. Are you setting the curve to try and emulate the default silent mode and start at say, 40 degrees? If the fan is spinning up and cutting off again as the temp swings around the cut off temperature, try setting the temperature hysteresis setting to 5 degrees and see if that calms your fans down. You can experiment by adjusting the value and you should be able to get exactly what you are looking for.