Top front side on an Monitor is Too Hot - Is this Normal ?

Go to solution Solved by samcool55,

Monitors can get hot yes, but it should be fine.

I mean some people use notebooks while the sun is shining on the back of the monitor, causing it to get very hot.

But i've never saw one die because of it.

The worse case i saw of a monitor is that the film in front of the monitor got "burned" and turned slightly brown because it had a lamp right next to it that was pointed to the monitor.

It still works tho, it happened over a year ago and it's still working fine today.

So as long as it doesn't start to look burned or pixels stop working (turning black) it's fine, probably :P

Hi there,

Hope you're doing great. I have HCL 22 inch Monitor which top front side is too hot, Is this normal ?

If I turn off for 3 to 5 min it cool down. But turn back on with 30min is hot, Only top front side!

I really appreciated if I got any answer.

Thanks 

Monitors can get hot yes, but it should be fine.

I mean some people use notebooks while the sun is shining on the back of the monitor, causing it to get very hot.

But i've never saw one die because of it.

The worse case i saw of a monitor is that the film in front of the monitor got "burned" and turned slightly brown because it had a lamp right next to it that was pointed to the monitor.

It still works tho, it happened over a year ago and it's still working fine today.

So as long as it doesn't start to look burned or pixels stop working (turning black) it's fine, probably :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Warm air rises to the top. It's only natural that the top will be much warmer than the bottom.

On older monitors with CFFL bulbs, the lights are also situated on top and bottom edges of the monitor so those produce heat as well.