is civ 6 worth all the extra money over civ v?

No

civ 6 is 53 dollars and the complete pack of civ v is 12.27

@No it's not

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

@No it's not

i see what you did there

So it might as well be "yes", considering the "me knows what you did there".

I have no idea if Civ 6 is worth it, maybe watch some trailers/gameplay vids of both?

i was wondering the same thing @No - it is the only one i don't own. from various reviews, it seems like it might be worth it to wait a while. the potential is there, but the AI is pretty bad and there are quite a few bugs still.

I think its a step backwards from V.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

The historical pattern is that each Civ game gets two expansions, and each one fleshes out the base game with new features and gameplay mechanics.

New vanilla Civ games have always offered much less game than the final state of the previous Civ with its two expansions. So, vanilla Civ games are best compared against other vanilla Civ games, and not other Civs that have a couple expansions on top.

If you are looking for the fullest experience, and haven't played either Civ 5 or 6 before, then Civilization V: Complete is by far the greatest value per dollar.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987