Worth it upgrading to Sennheiser HD600/650?

Petulak

Currently on HD558 + Asus Xonar D1 sound card, would there be any improvements and no bottlenecks? Which 6xx would you recommend for all around listener?

take out the foam bit in them, dont upgrade

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Petulak said:

Currently on HD558 + Asus Xonar D1 sound card, would there be any improvements and no bottlenecks? Which 6xx would you recommend for all around listener?

I would upgrade. The 6XX/ 650 sounds vastly better than the HD558. However, the HD558 is still a great piece of equipment so not upgrading wouldn't be a problem as the HD558 tops other headphones quite a bit as well.

I just got my 650s some days ago and I like them. Compared to my main headphone, the Fidelio X2, the 650 has less boomy bass (bass isn't as present but still there) while also extending the range of bass response. With whatever else is different, I feel like I can hear more of what is going on in the sound with the HD650 than on the X2.

I'm not totally sure of how the 558 sounds since I haven't tried them, so I can't tell you how much of a upgrade it would be, if at all, for your taste. If you're able to try them out somehow first you should do that.

I do have hd558 modded and hd600 (couple dozen others too)

I will say the detail on hd600 is better

hd600 is almost end of line headphones

but it depends what you want out of your headphones, music, games, movies, all?

The HD 650 is an excellent headphone and an excellent all around headphone.

It has detail retrieval that is up there with the most expensive headphones on the market.

In other words, it is a bargain and I recommend it. It is quite sensitive, so an amp is not required to get listenable volume out of it.

Shop with good reputation had last piece of HD650s on sale for $350 while they are normally $460 here so I bought them, should arrive on 9th Jan, yay!

9 minutes ago, Petulak said:

Shop with good reputation had last piece of HD650s on sale for $350 while they are normally $460 here so I bought them, should arrive on 9th Jan, yay!

Grats =)