2 PC Setup for Audio

JMJenkins
Go to solution Solved by anothertom,
47 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

I know my microphone has a 3.5mm jack on it so you can hear it with 0 delay, I could use a 3.5mm jack from it to my streaming PC and just mess with the audio till it sounds good.

That should work, you may need to add delay in the program you're streaming from to match the stream timing (especially if you've got a Picture in Picture webcam).

Set the output volume around 50-75% with 0dB gain on the input. With headphones listen to how it sounds and turn up the output (on the mic) to the point just below clipping the output. You'll need to listen for this. Then connect it to the streaming pc.

If this isn't loud enough, add some gain on the input stage of the streaming pc, but be careful not to clip the input, windows gives a nice VU in playback/recording devices to monitor this.

Alternatively, connect a 3.5mm jack from the gaming pc's line out to the mic/line in on the streaming pc. On the gaming machine, in 'recording devices' (right click on the speaker icon) right click on the AT2020+ device, choose properties. In the 'listen' tab tick the 'listen to this device' box. Then underneath that, 'playback trough this device' there should be an option for 'line out' or something similar. This should output the microphone input out the line out to the streaming pc.

I'm using an AT2020+ USB Microphone, when I arrive at home I'll be using a 2 PC setup for streaming but one thing I failed to understand is how I take my microphone audio from the gaming PC where the USB Microphone is plugged in and send it to the streaming PC to send that off to the internet, one thing I understand is to use a Male-to-Male 3.5" cable: Line-Out from Gaming PC to Line-In into the Streaming PC.

Could someone give me clear instructions on this so I don't go wasting my money on things that won't work?

You will need an analog mixer! go to google a search analog mixer and buy the cheapest one, from a known brand.

Just now, J0hN_TH3_P4P7T0 said:

You will need an analog mixer! go to google a search analog mixer and buy the cheapest one, from a known brand.

Cannot man, the AT2020+ is a USB Microphone, I didn't go with the XLR version as the extra audio equipment would've had me purchase a lot more than I was willing to spend at the time.

I know my microphone has a 3.5mm jack on it so you can hear it with 0 delay, I could use a 3.5mm jack from it to my streaming PC and just mess with the audio till it sounds good.

47 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

That should work, you may need to add delay in the program you're streaming from to match the stream timing (especially if you've got a Picture in Picture webcam).

Set the output volume around 50-75% with 0dB gain on the input. With headphones listen to how it sounds and turn up the output (on the mic) to the point just below clipping the output. You'll need to listen for this. Then connect it to the streaming pc.

If this isn't loud enough, add some gain on the input stage of the streaming pc, but be careful not to clip the input, windows gives a nice VU in playback/recording devices to monitor this.

Alternatively, connect a 3.5mm jack from the gaming pc's line out to the mic/line in on the streaming pc. On the gaming machine, in 'recording devices' (right click on the speaker icon) right click on the AT2020+ device, choose properties. In the 'listen' tab tick the 'listen to this device' box. Then underneath that, 'playback trough this device' there should be an option for 'line out' or something similar. This should output the microphone input out the line out to the streaming pc.

1 hour ago, anothertom said:

This should work and you've described it so I can fully understand it too, I greatly appreciate it, until I can afford the better microphone and audio equipment I just need a work-around and you've helped me get that, I appreciate it!

Happy to help.

if you're using the second option i described, and it works, please let me know. It makes sense with how windows handles things, and what i've got right now to test with, but I've never had to do this exactly, but i can see it being useful at some point.