Witcher 3 Complete (All DLC) folder size

Aereldor

Greetings.

I uninstalled The Witcher 3 to make room for a few other programs and files a while ago, but I'd like to install it again. However, I only have about 125GB of bandwidth left until the end of the month. The official requirements are 35GB for the base game, 10GB for Hearts of Stone, and 35 more for Blood and Wine. However, given the sheer disparity in scale between the Blood and Wine DLC and the base game (the latter being far bigger), I didn't know if this was legitimate.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me what the size of their Witcher 3 folder is, with all the DLC installed and the latest patch.

Regards,

Aereldor.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

That sounds about right. A lot of the blood and wine DLC are new textures and models that the base game doesn't have - they apparently did this because they wanted the DLC to perform better than the base game and still retain their graphical fidelity.

I'm at work currently but I did look at how big my folder was before and that sounds about where it should be.

EDIT: To clarify, it'll all be around 35GB total, including all of the DLC. Might be more.

Seems like an overshot. This is with Blood & WIne + Hearts of Stone installed, amongst some of the other minor DLC (like outfits or quests)

view.png

view.png

26 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

EDIT: To clarify, it'll all be around 35GB total, including all of the DLC. Might be more.

Could you post a screenshot of your folder properties? @Jade reports a folder size of just under 50GB, which is almost 50% higher than your estimated folder size.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Just now, Aereldor said:

Could you post a screenshot of your folder properties? @Jade reports a folder size of just under 50GB, which is almost 50% higher than your estimated folder size.

Your download will be about 35GB. When it decompresses it'll be more than that. That's what you're worried about is how much of a download you'll have right?

I would remote into my PC but I have it on sleep mode since I didn't need to remote in this week - so grabbing a screenshot right now isn't possible, haha.

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

If it helps in place of a screenshot from @Kloaked, I can get my friend (who also has the DLC) to do it as well. Here's a WinDirStat of my folder, though. Doesn't seem out of the ordinary, to me.

view.png

3 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Your download will be about 35GB. When it decompresses it'll be more than that. That's what you're worried about is how much of a download you'll have right?

I would remote into my PC but I have it on sleep mode since I didn't need to remote in this week - so grabbing a screenshot right now isn't possible, haha.

Are you certain? 35 GB for the game and both expansion DLCs? (the free DLC have negligible file sizes). That would be awesome- it's about half of what I was expecting. Perhaps I will be able to download this game and still maintain a good bandwidth buffer for the rest of the month.

I downloaded the GOG version (complete edition) 3 Days ago.

There are 10 Bin files, 8 of them are 3.9Gb, one is 20Mb and other is 2Gb

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

On 12/20/2016 at 5:29 PM, Aereldor said:

Are you certain? 35 GB for the game and both expansion DLCs? (the free DLC have negligible file sizes). That would be awesome- it's about half of what I was expecting. Perhaps I will be able to download this game and still maintain a good bandwidth buffer for the rest of the month.

I'm certain. Here's a screenshot of my game folder size, and this includes all of the DLC and expansions.

.dasdasdasd.JPG

12 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I'm certain. Here's a screenshot of my game folder size, and this includes all of the DLC and expansions.

Thank you very much for sharing that. It's certainly very interesting, as that's a hell of a lot smaller than @Jade's folder size. 

1 hour ago, Taja said:

I downloaded the GOG version (complete edition) 3 Days ago.

There are 10 Bin files, 8 of them are 3.9Gb, one is 20Mb and other is 2Gb

And this is even smaller.

On 12/20/2016 at 7:26 PM, Aereldor said:

Thank you very much for sharing that. It's certainly very interesting, as that's a hell of a lot smaller than @Jade's folder size. 

And this is even smaller.

@Jade may have mods, possibly?

EDIT: Just for reassurance, here's another screenie with the DLC that I have enabled via GOG.

dasadsasdads.JPG

52 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

@Jade may have mods, possibly?

EDIT: Just for reassurance, here's another screenie with the DLC that I have enabled via GOG.

Nope. I've never modded Witcher; not my kind of thing. If you don't mind, could you WinDirStat your folder? I'm genuinely curious why mine is so much bigger, and that might tip me off as to why.

On 12/20/2016 at 8:24 PM, Jade said:

Nope. I've never modded Witcher; not my kind of thing. If you don't mind, could you WinDirStat your folder? I'm genuinely curious why mine is so much bigger, and that might tip me off as to why.

sfgdhhsfdsfhdshfd.JPG

EDIT: @Jade I'm wondering if somehow the Steam version is different in how large the game is. I have the GOG version.

5 hours ago, Kloaked said:

EDIT: @Jade I'm wondering if somehow the Steam version is different in how large the game is. I have the GOG version.

I bought the game on Steam. Darn, you had my hopes up.

This is the GOG version with both expansions and all DLCs, and so many mods that I have to use a merging utility to circumvent the game's mod limit. If I remember correctly, the total download was in the neighborhood of 35 GB, and it probably decompresses a bit during installation.

CM5WSfv.png