Best "Bang for the Buck" Build

Intel i5 unlocked one

cheapest nice brand mobo you think has features you need

gtx 1060

8gb of ram or more if you want. doesn't even need heatspreader lol.

520w-620w psu from reputable brand and not some cheap ass crap.

cheap looking case that you think looks pretty.

1tb hdd or if you have extra cash get a 120gb or something ssd.

pretty much this. since going bang for buck most likely people ain't got enough buck to bang anyways.

Live your life like a dream.

7 minutes ago, Kiani said:

A build where price to performance ratio is fairly linear

Give me the use case and I'll put together a cart for you.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

12 minutes ago, BenoitWW said:

budget?

Practically not limited. Just want best bang for the buck. Like a 6600K over 6700K if it offers better "bang". Primary purpose is gaming, no rendering or video editing stuff.

Build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team Elite Plus 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($37.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card  ($397.42 @ Amazon) 
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case  ($26.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $987.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-20 03:15 EST-0500

Display/Peripherals:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: Asus VX24AH 24.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor  ($201.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Redragon K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($47.47 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Cobra E-3lue Wired Optical Mouse  ($9.87 @ Amazon) 
Total: $259.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-20 03:14 EST-0500

9 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

Give me the use case and I'll put together a cart for you.

No editing or video rendering. Extreme usage will be gaming. And 1080p 60 fps is the lower limit. Have a build in mind but you can never have enough wisdom :)

used parts, there is NOTHING beating used parts in price/preformance go for an unlocked i5, depending on what you want to do going all the way back to even a first gen I5 is decent preformance. the GTX 970, GTX 980 TI and R9 Fury are the kings when it comes to used GPUs too, especially the Fury because people dont realise how good they are. for new parts an I5 6600K paired with an RX 480 is probably as good as it gets right now but there is little value in new parts compared to used. you can sometimes get an I5 4690K or I7 4790K for under $100 and Z97 and Z87 motherboards are pretty cheap. DDR3 RAM is also pretty inexpensive and 970s go for under $150, 980TIs around $300 and Furys which are just as good for $250 or LESS

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

used parts, there is NOTHING beating used parts in price/preformance go for an unlocked i5, depending on what you want to do going all the way back to even a first gen I5 is decent preformance. the GTX 970, GTX 980 TI and R9 Fury are the kings when it comes to used GPUs too, especially the Fury because people dont realise how good they are. for new parts an I5 6600K paired with an RX 480 is probably as good as it gets right now but there is little value in new parts compared to used. you can sometimes get an I5 4690K or I7 4790K for under $100 and Z97 and Z87 motherboards are pretty cheap. DDR3 RAM is also pretty inexpensive and 970s go for under $150, 980TIs around $300 and Furys which are just as good for $250 or LESS

I wish I was in US to pull this off. Where I currently live, used parts are scarce. Currently living in Pakistan.

3 minutes ago, Kiani said:

No editing or video rendering. Extreme usage will be gaming. And 1080p 60 fps is the lower limit. Have a build in mind but you can never have enough wisdom :)

http://a.co/gy6mo83

This is my suggestion.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Just now, Kiani said:

I wish I was in US to pull this off. Where I currently live, used parts are scarce. Currently living in Pakistan.

well im not in the US either but always take a look on what you can get on the local market and whats on Ebay

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 minutes ago, Kiani said:

Practically not limited. Just want best bang for the buck. Like a 6600K over 6700K if it offers better "bang". Primary purpose is gaming, no rendering or video editing stuff.

CPU:  anything in the i5 6th gen line -  (i did the math  a while ago, they all offer same performance / price)

MBD: a cheap ass h110 motherboard or the cheapest Z170 you can find (if K processor)

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133mhz

Storage: SSD for boot drive + applications and a HDD for other files

GPU: GTX1060 6GB

PSU: Corsair CX450M or Corsair RM550X

Case: Anything with decent cooling as thats the only thing that affects performance