links in posts from new users

SCHISCHKA

So theres occasionally a new user posting links to some dodgy things, usually in arabic or korean for some reason. Another forum I am a member of has a good idea of restricting new users from posting links. You need to provide replies to a number of posts and gain some community reputation before you are allowed to insert links into a post. I think LTT should do this.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

So theres occasionally a new user posting links to some dodgy things, usually in arabic or korean for some reason. Another forum I am a member of has a good idea of restricting new users from posting links. You need to provide replies to a number of posts and gain some community reputation before you are allowed to insert links into a post. I think LTT should do this.

You sure you just don't know if they're dodgy or not because you're not from the country those sites are from, and have no idea what their reputations are, or even what the contents of the site are?

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

You sure you just don't know if they're dodgy or not because you're not from the country those sites are from, and have no idea what their reputations are, or even what the contents of the site are?

theres one on the forum now in english, i cant find it i think its just been removed. If you havn't seen the arabic ones they spam crazy shit and you can tell its a bot

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

theres one on the forum now in english, i cant find it i think its just been removed. If you havn't seen the arabic ones they spam crazy shit and you can tell its a bot

If your concern is with bots, then I agree that is a valid concern. However, the ability for a new user to post links, especially if they are asking for assistance (most common reason people sign up) is vital. Yes, what you brought up is potentially a problem. However, for individuals who post bad links it'll simply have to be up to the community to be weary of links, and for bot detection that's a whole nother ball game.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

We recently implemented an improved spam filtering system and I can confirm personally that it has caught and prevented several of those arabic spam posts from showing up.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

We recently implemented an improved spam filtering system and I can confirm personally that it has caught and prevented several of those arabic spam posts from showing up.

make it blacklist tipers 

Everyone should own a vive.

20 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

yah I'm sure people planning build will LOVE this 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

whitelist known sites for people under it 

1 minute ago, MANIDY inc said:

now we're just getting complicated. 

You want to build a firewall. 

(We'll make JayzTwoCents pay for it. )

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

now we're just getting complicated. 

You want to build a firewall. 

(We'll make JayzTwoCents pay for it. )

nah just build a snowman 

11 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

whitelist part picker

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

23 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Let me guess, is it called moderating? 

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Let me guess, is it called moderating? 

No it actually is a filter system.  I've seen it block several attempted spam rampages

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Jorgen297 said:

wow schiska at this rate you will be the new don svetlio

Don't remind me...

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 hours ago, MANIDY inc said:

2 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

whitelist part picker

Problem is that this would be impossible. There are ton of times when users from countries which aren't supported by PCPP (some main ones being China, India and South-East Asia) and instead post the store(s) they are using. Now those links can be pretty close to what spammers site would look like. Writing you don't understand, very poorly made UI etc. and still they are legit shopping places for locals. Having mods whitelisting those posts one-by-one would be just bad. Advertising and spamming isn't even too bad here. People do overreact to it, though.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Problem is that this would be impossible. There are ton of times when users from countries which aren't supported by PCPP (some main ones being China, India and South-East Asia) and instead post the store(s) they are using. Now those links can be pretty close to what spammers site would look like. Writing you don't understand, very poorly made UI etc. and still they are legit shopping places for locals. Having mods whitelisting those posts one-by-one would be just bad. Advertising and spamming isn't even too bad here. People do overreact to it, though.

yeah I dont think OPs idea is good, i was just elaborating 

On 12/20/2016 at 0:41 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Is it preventing all those Chinese ones? I'll be honest if they're gone, I will miss them just a bit.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Is it preventing all those Chinese ones? I'll be honest if they're gone, I will miss them just a bit.

Chinese, arabic, hindi. All follow same scheme of things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

47 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I haven't seen it block one of them yet which means they haven't tried to make one because I don't recall seeing reports about them either