Hey. I'm Brucey. I'm cheap.

I am 24. I live in my Mothers backyard. In an RV. 
I am a low budget, low rent gamer.
An enthusiast at heart. Buying PC parts at the thrift store :P

I am simply looking for peeps to game, learn, and advance with. PC building has become a passion of mine. Something I always thought I knew about until I finally got my hands dirty.

System:

Corsair 230T (Rebel Orange)
Asrock z170 Fatality Gaming K4 Mobo

i3 6100 (OC'd to 4.1 Ghz via BCLK method) 

Powercolor RX460  2gb (Slight OC via TRIXX)
8GB Corsair ValueSelect DDR4 (1066 mhz)

Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
3TB HDD

Note: I realize that this is a very "unbalanced" rig. This rig is intended as my "Future Proof" or "Future-Ready" machine.
I currently play everything at 1080p. 
I plan to upgrade to a "k" Series cpu to fully utilize my z170 board once they drop in price a bit around Zen time. (Fingers crossed)
I am currently saving up for a legit GPU, this one is getting me by just fine for now.

Also looking for some decent BF1/BF4 players to hook up with. (US WEST SERVERS)

Anyway... i was just stopping in to say Hi. Let me know if you have any question about living in a RV in the dead of winter in your mother backyard.
Or 
Let me know if you have any ideas for my setup (See Pictures). I am working with very limited space and built this desk into the bathroom of the RV.

Happy gaming yall!

DSC00523.JPG

DSC00524.JPG

9 minutes ago, Brucey The Beard said:

I am 24. I live in my Mothers backyard. In an RV. 

Is she ok with that? :P

Welcome btw :D

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

9 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Hello Bruce.

I don't play BF, but welcome to LTT.

Why don't you move back into the house?  ;):D

7 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Is she ok with that? :P

Welcome btw :D

I hope she is ok with it! lol
This is a transition, so I don't plan to be here for much longer.
If I moved into the house I would eat her dinners and never want to leave! :P 

What's good Bruce!

Digging the alternative lifestyle, are you running ethernet from your mom's place out to the trailer or do you have some other internet solution?
I haven't purchased BF1 yet but if you hop on Titanfall II or overwatch Ill carry you ;)

Welcome B.T. Beard.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

12 hours ago, ImposeInc said:

What's good Bruce!

Digging the alternative lifestyle, are you running ethernet from your mom's place out to the trailer or do you have some other internet solution?
I haven't purchased BF1 yet but if you hop on Titanfall II or overwatch Ill carry you ;)

Hey Imposelnc!

I am actually just running off her wifi. My Computer is about 15 yards from the Modem, and I have been considering running a dedicated ethernet line to my rig. It would just need to be expertly cable managed.

Would I see an improvement in speeds via ethernet link?
I have also considered using some of those antenna extenders to put my wireless antennas outside of the camper.

Edit: Titanfall 2 is my next purchase... I will hit you up! 

12 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Pro's

#1 No Rent Payment

#2 No Utilities Payable

#3 Total Freedom

Con's

#1 People view you as a homeless hobo and will rat you out quickly.

#2 No Space

#3 The prostitutes dont care, but "regular" women would ;)

Did I mention my 8-month pregnant GF shares the space with me xD 
I honestly feel like a piece of crap having her cramped in here, but we have been able to save some good money and should be out by February when the Baby is due.

1 hour ago, Brucey The Beard said:

save some good money

Thats where its at, save money for your 5% down payment, a little extra savings, a few months mortgage payments and BAM you are set.

Cheap houses down there. $50,000 house is fuck all up here. Its a decent newer mobile home in which you have to pay another $800/m in lot fee's.

$2,500 in down payment then $200/m in mortgage + utility bills ~$250/m you are living the dream.

13 hours ago, Brucey The Beard said:

Did I mention my 8-month pregnant GF shares the space with me xD 
I honestly feel like a piece of crap having her cramped in here, but we have been able to save some good money and should be out by February when the Baby is due.

Hope everything goes well for you two. I mean it. And remember to take care of her ... don't just game......... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

37 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Hope everything goes well for you two. I mean it. And remember to take care of her ... don't just game......... 

Absolutely Mr. Chow! They deserve all I've got!  I will let them BOTH sit in my lap while I game :P

3 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

You could move to Detroit and buy a $500 house.

You cant be tempting me with these facts. I'm already irrational and stubbornly hopeful as it is. You'll catch me on 8 mile, freestylin with the dude at the Food Truck on 3rd and Jefferson, hoping to be discovered by Eminem and pan-handling for cheap beer in my free time.

(I havent pondered this lifestyle at all)

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

That is such a misogynistic statement. What if she likes to game as well? Why does it only have to be the bloke?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

6 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

That is such a misogynistic statement. What if she likes to game as well? Why does it only have to be the bloke?

relax. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I wish I could grow such a nice beard.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

8 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

My girl gets down on some Minecraft and Sims 4.
She has earned a decent Geek status in my book :P

8 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

That is such a misandrynist statement. Why do you think he never thought of her but never wrote anything about her because it's the bloke that is on the forum? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Welcome to the forum. Might wanna check that DDR4 speed.

Now for a small joke

Compute 23/33

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

hey Bruce. What's up man?

What kind of cooling does your PC require being in that RV out back in the dead of winter? I bet you can get some decent OC's

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

That is such a misandrynist statement. Why do you think he never thought of her but never wrote anything about her because it's the bloke that is on the forum? 

Try again once you have learned how to formulate a coherent response.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

2 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Try again once you have learned how to formulate a coherent response.

Considering I wrote that barely with 1 hand on public transport, I'm quite satisfied how it turned out. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

13 hours ago, Energycore said:

Welcome to the forum. Might wanna check that DDR4 speed.

Now for a small joke

Energycore thanks man! Are you referring to better quality RAM or more gigs? I did think the valueselect seemed rather low clocked compared to the typical performance quality RAM. Im thinking of going 16gb altogether of (if necessary) some higher speed RAM. Worth it?

12 hours ago, greaves1111 said:

hey Bruce. What's up man?

What kind of cooling does your PC require being in that RV out back in the dead of winter? I bet you can get some decent OC's

Whats good greaves! I just got done earlier making my own outdoor CAT5 wires to run from the modem in the house up, and across the roof and into my camper.
This is significant because I no longer have to position my Beast for optimal wifi connectivity, allowing me to position the tower for optimal cold air intake ;)  

(currently drawing ambient temp, intake not pointed towards window. not sure of ambient temp. But cold.)

Current Idle: 30c

Full Aida64 CPU/FPU Load: Max: 49c | Avg: 46c

A LOT of room for a good solid OC if and when I get a K chip. Hopefully within the next year or so. 

2 minutes ago, Brucey The Beard said:

Energycore thanks man! Are you referring to better quality RAM or more gigs? I did think the valueselect seemed rather low clocked compared to the typical performance quality RAM. Im thinking of going 16gb altogether of (if necessary) some higher speed RAM. Worth it?

Well that speed of 1066 makes sense if it's not taking the double data rate of current memory, so go to dat BIOS and see if it's running at 2133 MHz.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR