questions about a new mouse

I just have a quick question before i (aka, someone in my family for christmas) drop $60 on a new mouse, my current no-name knockoff mouse is dying leaving me in the market for a replacement (christmas is coming up so im not worried about price (except for that asus spatha, that thing's like $150)) i'm thinking about the corsair m65pro RGB, 1) for that 1200 dpi sensor (i have three monitors) and 2) i already have a corsair straft rgb so i'd like to sync them up together because pretty colors... is this a good mouse for the money? (you can save ~$20 on amazon rn) or are there better options? is the sniper button on the side programmable or is it stuck controlling the dpi? how heavy is it exactly and how does it matter? how durable is it after long term use? is it good for throwing in a backpack for taking to LAN parties? will i ever find sleep? 

(This question is long becaues it's like 03:00 and i have nothing better to talk about) 

My current piece of shi- i mean mouse:

https://www.amazon.com/Zelotes-Button-Optical-Wired-Gaming/dp/B00IFRH6JS/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482138195&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=zeloits+optical+gaming+mouse

My wish-list mouse:

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Mouse-Backlit-Optical/dp/B01D63UU52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482138256&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+m65+pro+rgb

It will do fine, not my weapon of choice when it comes to mice though. Of course it depends for 99% on personal preference but Logitechs G502 is what I got on all 5 computers I use at home and at the office. And I had a lot of mice over the years, this one is the only one that suited my needs so far.

But If you want to color sync pretty stuffy stuff with your keyboard, which seems to be a thing for your since you specifically mentioned it, by all means go for the Corsair, had that one too, it will do the job.

8 hours ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

It will do fine, not my weapon of choice when it comes to mice though. Of course it depends for 99% on personal preference but Logitechs G502 is what I got on all 5 computers I use at home and at the office. And I had a lot of mice over the years, this one is the only one that suited my needs so far.

But If you want to color sync pretty stuffy stuff with your keyboard, which seems to be a thing for your since you specifically mentioned it, by all means go for the Corsair, had that one too, it will do the job.

So you have had an m65pro before?

12 hours ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

Personally, I have experienced the g502 in the past but I think I'd like to stick with corsair with this one. You make it seem as if you had one in the past, if so could you answer some further questions? 

8 hours ago, iannorton24 said:

Personally, I have experienced the g502 in the past but I think I'd like to stick with corsair with this one. You make it seem as if you had one in the past, if so could you answer some further questions? 

yep I owned one, till it got sacrificed to the orange-juice-all-over-the-place god (a keyboard got sacrificed that day too....)

1 hour ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

yep I owned one, till it got sacrificed to the orange-juice-all-over-the-place god (a keyboard got sacrificed that day too....)

IS THE SNIPER BUTTON ON THE SIDE REPROGRAMMABLE TO A DOUBLE CLICK YES OR NO?!?!!? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO ANSWER THAT ONE QUESTION FOR A FULL 24 HOURS NOW!!

2 hours ago, iannorton24 said:

IS THE SNIPER BUTTON ON THE SIDE REPROGRAMMABLE TO A DOUBLE CLICK YES OR NO?!?!!? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO ANSWER THAT ONE QUESTION FOR A FULL 24 HOURS NOW!!

To answer your question: I don't know, never had the need for that scenario. or wait a second, let me rephrase that so that you can grasp the essence of my statement: I DO NOT KNOW, NEVER HAD THE NEED FOR THAT SCENARIO!

also: I am truly sorry to not work for free on your schedule, obviously my fault. please don't fire me.

EDIT:

should have waited 48h before the reply I guess...

5 hours ago, iannorton24 said:

Should be, I use a Corsair Scimitar and using the software you can create macros on any of the buttons

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

7 hours ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY TO MY STATEMENT?

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A FULL 48 MINUTES NOW!

I GOT A RIGHT FOR A REPLY!

Could you test it for me? assuming it still works at all (when you say death by orange juce i just assume only the sensor is bad and you still have it in a closet or something)

2 hours ago, iannorton24 said:

Could you test it for me? assuming it still works at all (when you say death by orange juce i just assume only the sensor is bad and you still have it in a closet or something)

nope absolutely not :-)

Is it a good mouse for the money, well its got a 3360 sensor which is good, eargonomics isn't the greatest its small, its pretty fucking heavy at 135g with all the weights and 115 without it.

Do I recommend it? No eargo is very weird for my preference and the weight is horrid

This is not helpful... 

neither the fact, that I am not going to test something for some internet stranger, who I just wanted to help out in the first place but then turned out all demanding on me and tried to tell me what to do. 

btw: I googled the question you got and it took me about 4 seconds to get the answer...

This is not helpful... 

neither the fact, that I am not going to test something for some internet stranger, who I just wanted to help out in the first place but then turned out all demanding on me and tried to tell me what to do and even started complaining when it took me longer to respond than anticipated - quote:

21 hours ago, iannorton24 said:

that is not helpfull if you want someones help...

btw: I googled that question and and it took me about 4 seconds to get the answer...

The corsair m65 isn't a bad choice. The sniper button is a nice touch. I recently was going to purchase the m65 as well but decided I wanted the wireless freedoms so I went with th Logitech g900.