pulling files off of a macbook hard drive on windows

TwoFace

im 100% positive this question has been asked before, but ive run into a unique situation... a buddy of mine asked me if i could retrieve some old files off a hard drive fron his old macbook ( i dont know the model but its from around 2012 i believe) i told him id give it my best shot.... now, from all the other forum pages ive read when you plug the drive in a window should pop up telling you the drive is in the wrong format and windows would recommend you format the drive for use (as it would normally do with any other drive) but nothing pops up with this one... its like windows dosnt even acknowledge its existence, no extra drive in my computer, and the hard drive activity light stays lit. but when i boot up and go into boot options the drive is there.... am i dealing with a dead drive? is there some software i need for windows to recognize the drives existence (i have tried using HFSExplorer)? should i try booting into linux? would there be a tool i could use on my hirens disk or dlc boot disk? seems like im a little stuck.

11 minutes ago, TwoFace said:

i have already tried that tool (as stated in the original post)

you need to run it as admin

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_