need help! operating system not found after reformatting laptop

Hi users of the Internet. I need help fixing a problem with my second hand msi gt70 2pe laptop which I bought off eBay. Basically I was given a laptop with a ton of bloat ware so I thought it would be smart to reformat the whole disk. It holds a one 1tb internal hdd. 

I wanted to restore my system to factory settings and it seemed fine with all the loading screens running. After it reached 100% the computer restarted and constantly prompted me to disconnect any drives not containing the operating system and to control alt delete to restart the computer. I am well aware that I may have deleted the operating system in the computer and probably screwed up there.. There is no BIOS to boot into to which frustrates me even more as I cannot load the Windows 10 image from my USB drive to install Windows 10 all over. I really need help getting out of this mess as it's such a waste of money to pay for a laptop that doesent work. There is no startup MSI screen for me to press f3/del repeatedly to open up bios. Is there anyway I can boot Windows 10 and to reinstall the operating system?

Yeah, well at least now you know that when you format a drive that deletes EVERYTHING, including the OS. It must have a BIOS, just not showing the splash screen for whatever reason, maybe quick boot is enabled. Trying spamming F3 or delete as it boots, may still work. If not also you may want to try F10 or F11, which if my memory serves on some machines will bring you straight into a boot menu.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Turn on the computer and press F11. From what I'm reading, that's the key to get into the Boot Menu.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Yeah, well at least now you know that when you format a drive that deletes EVERYTHING, including the OS. It must have a BIOS, just not showing the splash screen for whatever reason, maybe quick boot is enabled. Trying spamming F3 or delete as it boots, may still work. If not also you may want to try F10 or F11, which if my memory serves on some machines will bring you straight into a boot menu.

Hi i tried it and it skips right pass the MSI loading screen and it goes straight to the loading screen.. urgh is there any way to boot from my USB or maybe a spare harddrive?

1 minute ago, Berttwm said:

Hi i tried it and it skips right pass the MSI loading screen and it goes straight to the loading screen.. urgh is there any way to boot from my USB or maybe a spare harddrive?

Yeah what you may have to do is physically take the drive out, use another PC to install Windows on it, then put it back in. 

1 minute ago, Spork829 said:

Yeah what you may have to do is physically take the drive out, use another PC to install Windows on it, then put it back in. 

I can do that, Im afraid of damaging the laptop if I tear it apart, r hard drives usually easily accessible ?

Just now, Berttwm said:

I can do that, Im afraid of damaging the laptop if I tear it apart, r hard drives usually easily accessible ?

Depends. What's the model of the laptop?

Don't do anything to the drive. At all. Instead, us a computer that works and buy EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard. They can get back deleted data. See, when you delete things, they aren't sent to tech heaven, rather, they get marked as unusable and can be overridden. EaseUs looks for those files (which were formatted) and can bring them back. No, this is not an ad for them, nor am I even affiliated with them. I had this happen to me on a old Mac. 

9 minutes ago, Namija said:

Don't do anything to the drive. At all. Instead, us a computer that works and buy EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard. They can get back deleted data. See, when you delete things, they aren't sent to tech heaven, rather, they get marked as unusable and can be overridden. EaseUs looks for those files (which were formatted) and can bring them back. No, this is not an ad for them, nor am I even affiliated with them. I had this happen to me on a old Mac. 

Yeah if you're willing to spend a bit of money, this is a good option as well.

6 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

why can't I just do the reinstalling method where I boot the drive into my desktop and plug the usb into my desktop. Isit possible to get back the bios this way as well?

9 hours ago, Spork829 said:

Hi sorry to revive this thread but I managed to boot into the bios, however I can't find any option for booting into my USB containing Windows, any idea how do I do this, I plugged the usb to all the ports and tried boot option 1 as USB/hard drive and USB/cd

5 hours ago, Berttwm said:

Hi sorry to revive this thread but I managed to boot into the bios, however I can't find any option for booting into my USB containing Windows, any idea how do I do this, I plugged the usb to all the ports and tried boot option 1 as USB/hard drive and USB/cd

How did you get into the BIOS? Because if it worked with delete or F2, you may be able now to use F10 instead and get into the boot menu.