A question about HDR

Webnerdz

So I bought a brand spanking new 50" 4k Samsung HDR 6 series tv and I've adjusted all the video settings to how I like them, however there is a feature on the TV called HDR+ which I thought would make the improve the dynamic range of the TV, but I found that it just makes everything warm and not natural looking at all. Have I done something wrong or is the HDR+ feature just not very good?

Seems to me that this HDR+ is intended for non-HDR content and even non-HDR hardware: http://www.samsung.com/global/tv/news/samsung-announces-hdr-update.html

Since you have native HDR, maybe stick to using it instead of HDR+. Then again, maybe turning HDR off for non-HDR content and using HDR+ instead can look better.

6 hours ago, Webnerdz said:

So I bought a brand spanking new 50" 4k Samsung HDR 6 series tv and I've adjusted all the video settings to how I like them, however there is a feature on the TV called HDR+ which I thought would make the improve the dynamic range of the TV, but I found that it just makes everything warm and not natural looking at all. Have I done something wrong or is the HDR+ feature just not very good?

On Samsung TVs those settings seem to be both 'special modes' AND some pre-sets, as such the HDR+ function will change the color temperature but you can change it back and it will be apparently remembered when enabling HDR+.  That said, yes, as stated above, it's not for HDR content, it's supposed to make SDR content look 'HDRer' or something.