Will my cpu be ok with this cooler

Go to solution Solved by iRileyx,

It'll be fine aslong as you dont have a stupid high overclock :P

I'm fairly new to computer building and I'm transferring some of my old pre built PC stuff into a new case, but I'm getting a new  AMD FX 8350 Black Edition "Vishera" CPU and I'm not sure how i should go about the cooling

Im thinking of getting a Corsair 120mm H60 All in one water cooler (currently on sale on amazon) but im not sure if its up to the job for suitable cooling when playing games such as battlefield 1 & 4, Overwatch etc

If its not suitable, are there any recommendations that can be given a max budget of £50 (Slightly flexible.)

Thank you.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Don't get that CPU.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

It'll be fine aslong as you dont have a stupid high overclock :P

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

All liquid coolers support nearly every CPU socket in the world, so yes it will fit your FX 8350. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

3 minutes ago, Explosivebicycle said:

I'm fairly new to computer building and I'm transferring some of my old pre built PC stuff into a new case, but I'm getting a new  AMD FX 8350 Black Edition "Vishera" CPU and I'm not sure how i should go about the cooling

Im thinking of getting a Corsair 120mm H60 All in one water cooler (currently on sale on amazon) but im not sure if its up to the job for suitable cooling when playing games such as battlefield 1 & 4, Overwatch etc

If its not suitable, are there any recommendations that can be given a max budget of £50 (Slightly flexible.)

Thank you.

If you still have not bought the CPU (and motherboard), I suggest getting something different instead at the same price point.

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

17 minutes ago, Daveeede said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Don't get that CPU.

Why not? For my price range its the best cpu i think i can get. Intel are obviously better but they are way too expensive. and i don't plan to over clock ether.

16 minutes ago, IanDrexP said:

If you still have not bought the CPU (and motherboard), I suggest getting something different instead at the same price point.

such as what? Intel obviously are better but are way out of my price range. Plus the motherboard i have takes AMD3+

The cooler should be fine cooling the CPU.

However, where, you mount the Rad is important and depending on your Motherboard you might have to look at cooling of your VRMs.  CPU coolers usually play a part in cooling the VRM's by stirring the air around.  

If you go with liquid cooling for the CPU, cooling the VRMs  can be done pretty easily.  I have even seen suggestions of using double sided tape to stick the stock cooler fan (not heat sink) on the motherboard I/O to blow on the VRM area.  Just don't choke off air to your VRMs .

I too would suggest not investing in AM3+ platform.  Zen (or Ryzen) is coming and if you want to upgrade even your DDR3 RAM can't be used.  

Hold on, so you are swapping in old stuff.  I.E. you already have AM3+ platform.  If you can get the CPU for cheap, and you should be able to then it MIGHT be worth it.  

If you don't have AM3+ platform, put the cooler money into a better platform.

5 minutes ago, Sabbilon said:

The cooler should be fine cooling the CPU.

However, where, you mount the Rad is important and depending on your Motherboard you might have to look at cooling of your VRMs.  CPU coolers usually play a part in cooling the VRM's by stirring the air around.  

If you go with liquid cooling for the CPU, cooling the VRMs  can be done pretty easily.  I have even seen suggestions of using double sided tape to stick the stock cooler fan (not heat sink) on the motherboard I/O to blow on the VRM area.  Just don't choke off air to your VRMs .

I too would suggest not investing in AM3+ platform.  Zen (or Ryzen) is coming and if you want to upgrade even your DDR3 RAM can't be used.  

Hold on, so you are swapping in old stuff.  I.E. you already have AM3+ platform.  If you can get the CPU for cheap, and you should be able to then it MIGHT be worth it.  

If you don't have AM3+ platform, put the cooler money into a better platform.

Thanks for the info, I plan to have noctua fans in a pull config so i can have a  positive cooling configuration to blow air from the front to the back so it should be fine, and if it does become a problem than this tip will help. I did not know of the new Ryzen platform but im not sure if these would even be within my price range, and also the hardware i got has already arrived and is incompatible (Got it a few weeks ago, was just waiting on the case to arrive.) I'm replacing the case, cpu and motherboard so even if i did know about this new Ryzen platform, I doubt i would be able to acquire such hardware.