ATH M40x headset issue with phone

Hello guys.

When I'm using my headset with my phone and the cable twists while it's in my pocket, like the cable rotates as I walk and when the cable rotates it jumps to the next song in the playlist. And when the cable rotates to the other side it goes back to the previous song played. Like if there is a bind that when the cable twists it's a programmable function to tell the mediaplayer to either jump forward or backwards.

So how do I fix this issue? I've googled but found nothing that describes my problem. And I don't have any issues with the headset when I'm using my PC.

I'm using a LG G3 if it helps.

EDIT: It's probably just the extra cable that comes in the box that acts this way. 

31 minutes ago, Filippus said:

Hello guys.

When I'm using my headset with my phone and the cable twists while it's in my pocket, like the cable rotates as I walk and when the cable rotates it jumps to the next song in the playlist. And when the cable rotates to the other side it goes back to the previous song played. Like if there is a bind that when the cable twists it's a programmable function to tell the mediaplayer to either jump forward or backwards.

So how do I fix this issue? I've googled but found nothing that describes my problem. And I don't have any issues with the headset when I'm using my PC.

I'm using a LG G3 if it helps.

I've generally found that's a cable specific thing. Have you tried a new cable?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I've generally found that's a cable specific thing. Have you tried a new cable?

Yeah that's probably right. I don't remember having this issue when I had these, before I broke them. I'm currently using the oldschool telephone curly extra cable that comes in the box.