Dota 7.00 is out after 11 years

Juanitology

The first major number patch since 2005 was released today into the test server. All heroes have been reworked, the HUD is completely different, most of the game mechanics and the map have been completely changed. We'll have to see what the reaction among the pro scene and pubs is, but there's no arguing that this is a BIG deal especially considering dota is the biggest esports title by prize pool.  http://www.dota2.com/700

a8f470e01944a91e167e8415b9306d71.jpg

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

Isn't this for Dota 2 though?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Isn't this for Dota 2 though?

yeah lol I forgot to write the 2 in the title but I assume everybody knows it's about dota 2. WC3 dota hasn't been played widely in years

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

31 minutes ago, Terodius said:

The first major number patch since 2005 was released today into the test server. All heroes have been reworked, the HUD is completely different, most of the game mechanics and the map have been completely changed. We'll have to see what the reaction among the pro scene and pubs is, but there's no arguing that this is a BIG deal especially considering dota is the biggest esports title by prize pool.  http://www.dota2.com/700

a8f470e01944a91e167e8415b9306d71.jpg

Has dota 2 really been out since 2005?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Has dota 2 really been out since 2005?

No, dota 6.xx has been out since 2005. Dota 2 came out in public beta in 2011 I believe

1 hour ago, Terodius said:

Well technically it's not out yet, it releases tomorrow. (maybe it's on the test server?)

We have the patch notes... Which are pretty incredible to be honest.

I can't wait to start playing it tomorrow though!

58 minutes ago, Terodius said:

No, dota 6.xx has been out since 2005. Dota 2 came out in public beta in 2011 I believe

I'm even more confused. Is this update for dota 2 or for 6.xx? Is 6.xx the original dota?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I'm even more confused. Is this update for dota 2 or for 6.xx? Is 6.xx the original dota?

Dota 2 is the same exact game as Dota 1. It's just built on a different engine and not just a custom map from WC3. So, Dota 1 6.x released in 2005. Dota 2 released in 2011 and is essentially the exact same game. So, Dota 2 7.0 replaces the 11 year old Dota 6.x.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Dota 2 is the same exact game as Dota 1. It's just built on a different engine and not just a custom map from WC3. But Dota 1 was on version 6.x when Dota 2 came out. 

Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

After reading the patch notes I feel like the changes will only make the game less balanced, the new HUD is nice but the new levelling system is awful imo, also most characters seem pretty broken now, and the new Monkey King seems pretty OP too, really hope it doesn't screw too much with a game I've invested 1.4k hrs to in 2 years

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - Douglas Adams

Just now, Jekub said:

After reading the patch notes I feel like the changes will only make the game less balanced, the new HUD is nice but the new levelling system is awful imo, also most characters seem pretty broken now, and the new Monkey King seems pretty OP too, really hope it doesn't screw too much with a game I've invested 1.4k hrs to in 2 years

Well, it offers more to the game than +2 stats did... It probably will be a little shaky for a patch or two, they did have to create a tree for 113 heroes, after all.

Also, I think half the reason Dota2 is a good game is because it makes everything bullshit xD

Just now, pipnina said:

Well, it offers more to the game than +2 stats did... It probably will be a little shaky for a patch or two, they did have to create a tree for 113 heroes, after all.

Also, I think half the reason Dota2 is a good game is because it makes everything bullshit xD

The vague concept is decent, as a support main I like the ability to increase XP gain on some heroes but some of the upgrades are complete BS, Wraith King's ult not requiring mana goes against counter play. Diffusal Blade now can't purge allied debuffs or Omni's Repel so it seems like a really awful item now. The rework to Rod of Atos seems bad. Oh and Techies now has stasis snares that last forever and proximity mines that can't be auto attacked or killed with quelling blade... And his suicide move doesn't necessarily kill him, and now silences for some reason.  

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - Douglas Adams

Just now, Jekub said:

The vague concept is decent, as a support main I like the ability to increase XP gain on some heroes but some of the upgrades are complete BS, Wraith King's ult not requiring mana goes against counter play. Diffusal Blade now can't purge allied debuffs or Omni's Repel so it seems like a really awful item now. The rework to Rod of Atos seems bad. Oh and Techies now has stasis snares that last forever and proximity mines that can't be auto attacked or killed with quelling blade... And his suicide move doesn't necessarily kill him, and now silences for some reason.  

His suicide ability does only do half its old damage though. And techies is a very hard hero to balance due to how... "exotic" he is. 

I kinda agree with WK though. His lvl 25 is rather BS.

24 minutes ago, Jekub said:

Wraith King's ult not requiring mana goes against counter play.

19 minutes ago, pipnina said:

I kinda agree with WK though. His lvl 25 is rather BS.

In fairness, there is a good chance that you'll have dumped your diffusal anyway by the time a WK gets to 25. Although, I do agree, some of these trees look WAY better than others.

Monkey king looks ridiculously OP though. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I keep hoping for asymmetrical maps, and a random-map generator for DOTA 2. I want scouting the map and adapting to dynamic map challenges to be a part of the gameplay.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 hour ago, Delicieuxz said:

I keep hoping for asymmetrical maps, and a random-map generator for DOTA 2. I want scouting the map and adapting to dynamic map challenges to be a part of the gameplay.

You're my hero.

• CPU Intel i5-4570 3.2GHz base 3.6GHz Turbo
  • Motherboard Asus B85-Pro Gamer ATX
  • RAM Avexir Core Red 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
  • GPU EVGA GTX 750 SC
  • Case Deepcool Dukase V.2
  • Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
  • PSU Aerocool KCAS700w 80+ Bronze
  • Display VX239H 24" Frameless IPS
  • Cooling Deepcool Dukase V.2
  • Keyboard Asus Cerberus Gaming Keyboard
  • Mouse A4Tech Bloody v5
  • Sound A4Tech G501 7.1/360degree Headset
  • Operating System Windows 10 Pro

9 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

We might get this for mods, it would certainly be awesome. Imagine making a pure RTS game on the dota engine with dota characters and assets? It'd be full circle, from WC3 to dota, to dota 2, to WC4 (mod)

Since some time, dota has been changing a lot. This is big, very big, but if you Look at dota in 2015, you will see they almost recreated the game (this + the previous 2 big changes).

I dont know how to will Go, i don't play it anymore, but it should really shake things up and add unpredictability. And im sure they will release lots of patches when People start abusing stuff in ways they never tought of.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I've played this patch a fair bit now, Late game seems to come really quickly and supports seem to be able to get items and keep up on wards, tome of knowledge is insane now, but early game heroes imo are unplayable. Getting to level 25 is a big thing as most people become completely nuts when they get there, and getting there is so much easier. The new map is horrible. The camps that can be pulled are really obscure, shrines are completely broken. I've seen people play Monkey King really poorly and really well. When he's played well he is very very good and if he gets ahead you're pretty much screwed. Farm seems really easily to stumble into as do levels. The game overall feels easier. However, Safelane is really easy to gank due to the larger jungle and smaller lanes. 

GUI complaints, overall everything is too small, especialy for anyone using a small screen, the gold readout is hidden right in the bottom left hand corner meaning I frequently have 4k gold on me for no reason. Trying to see what items are on people on your team is weird to me atm with the new side readout thing they've implemented. 

Overall, not enjoying this update.

11 hours ago, Jekub said:

I've played this patch a fair bit now, Late game seems to come really quickly and supports seem to be able to get items and keep up on wards, tome of knowledge is insane now, but early game heroes imo are unplayable. Getting to level 25 is a big thing as most people become completely nuts when they get there, and getting there is so much easier. The new map is horrible. The camps that can be pulled are really obscure, shrines are completely broken. I've seen people play Monkey King really poorly and really well. When he's played well he is very very good and if he gets ahead you're pretty much screwed. Farm seems really easily to stumble into as do levels. The game overall feels easier. However, Safelane is really easy to gank due to the larger jungle and smaller lanes. 

GUI complaints, overall everything is too small, especialy for anyone using a small screen, the gold readout is hidden right in the bottom left hand corner meaning I frequently have 4k gold on me for no reason. Trying to see what items are on people on your team is weird to me atm with the new side readout thing they've implemented. 

Overall, not enjoying this update.

Certainly has problems, but we'll probably get over them in a month or two.

At least valve is constantly improving the HUD atm, so it has the potential to change.

My single biggest gripe is with the shop. I, personally, want to see my item guide and the items/components in one thing, not have to switch between them.

I forgot to buy the courier in the last game I played as Lion because of how weird the shop is now...

12 minutes ago, pipnina said:

Certainly has problems, but we'll probably get over them in a month or two.

At least valve is constantly improving the HUD atm, so it has the potential to change.

My single biggest gripe is with the shop. I, personally, want to see my item guide and the items/components in one thing, not have to switch between them.

I forgot to buy the courier in the last game I played as Lion because of how weird the shop is now...

I also dislike the hero hud at the bottom. I prefer it being a fixed width (rather than varying based on spell count), I don't like where the damage is (not to mention it's tiny), and I preferred where the health bar was before (although that's not a huge deal since I use the health bar on top of heros anyway). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

I also dislike the hero hud at the bottom. I prefer it being a fixed width (rather than varying based on spell count), I don't like where the damage is (not to mention it's tiny), and I preferred where the health bar was before (although that's not a huge deal since I use the health bar on top of heros anyway). 

I can get over the rest of the UI changes. some of them even made sense. (moving glyph and scan together on the minimap, for example) Also being able to upgrade the courier without using the shop. I just miss the amount of info I had before (and get triggered by the new shop...) 

14 hours ago, pipnina said:

I can get over the rest of the UI changes. some of them even made sense. (moving glyph and scan together on the minimap, for example) Also being able to upgrade the courier without using the shop. I just miss the amount of info I had before (and get triggered by the new shop...) 

I've got over the HUD changes now. the shop isn't too bad either imo, don't see why I can't type whilst controlling my Hero anymore, but that's probably a setting somewhere. Really wish that there was a search in the pregame shop because I'm pretty sure that not every item you can purchase at start is listed there. 

Plus points:

- Roam seems even more viable as you can steal the opponents bounty runes and keep up on farm really well.

- HUD changes are actually quite nice, would be awesome of they gave everyone the ability to customise it preferably with a GUI. 

Bugs

- Disrupting team mates as Shadow Demon can cause 9 peoples games to crash, same with Cm getting a 5 man ult with Aghs

- Dust needs to be reworded or shouldn't reveal Monkey King in trees.

- Slark's pounce and Primal spring interact weirdly.