Lenovo unveils new "game-changing" tablet.

TheSLSAMG

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/chinas-lenovo-unveils-game-changing-yoga-tablet-la-035718153.html

Chinese computer maker Lenovo presented a new tablet device including a hinge-cum-handle allowing it to tilt and stand, a feature it billed as a "game-changing" innovation.

Hollywood actor Ashton Kutcher unveiled the Yoga Tablet at a Los Angeles event which had been shrouded in mystery, with teaser videos and social media hints tagged #betterway.

The device, which has 18 hours on a single battery charge and goes on sale Wednesday, has three modes: hold, tilt and stand. A cylindrical hinge on one side can either be held, or opened to produce a stand, similar to the kick-stand on Microsoft's Surface tablet.

The device comes in 8 and 10 inch models, priced at $249 and $299 respectively. An optional bluetooth keyboard is available for the larger model, which serves as a cover.

The devices run on Google's Android operating system, and have relatively low-resolution 1280 x 800 screens.

The design looks like a wireless Apple keyboard, and observers noted that the extra space in the hinge/handle allows Lenovo to boost the battery charge to last longer than that of many competing tablets.

c51d5fd434c90f45791f0307b04ee4244ae8daa5

Overall, it looks pretty good. Nice design, but a low quality screen. But why Ashton Kutcher? He looks like 1980's Steve Jobs. Anyways, I would still take a Nexus 7 FHD, because of the pixel density and stock Android. But damn, 18 hours of battery life is amazing. Still, the screen is lacking.

16539ce7215a7b2b92962eb37d84dde8e952d619

Forgive me if this is already posted. I searched for it, and nothing came up.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The price is really good and the actuate tablet looks very promising, it's a shame it has a pretty low resolution it could of been a very good competitor with the nexus 7

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

great battery life but ....

nexus 7

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

yeah, Nexus 7 makes this a terrible choice.

Interesting in concept, but the lack of an actual keyboard will stop me from buying a tablet ever. I had a nexus 7 a while back and used it twice before deciding it was pretty much useless and my laptop does a better job at absolutely everything I need it to do. 

I really can't see many scenarios where a tablet would be the ideal device to use

You can always get a convertible. lenovo's ideapad yoga looks pretty good.

Why can't we have 18 hour battery life in all tablets/ultrabooks, hell even some smartwatches don't even get 18 hours :/

Wireless charging will make this a moot issue but that's still quite far away from being able to have an ever-charged device...

I'd pay more for better battery life, I don't think I'm alone on the issue either. 

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Why can't we have 18 hour battery life in all tablets/ultrabooks, hell even some smartwatches don't even get 18 hours :/

Wireless charging will make this a moot issue but that's still quite far away from being able to have an ever-charged device...

I'd pay more for better battery life, I don't think I'm alone on the issue either. 

I'd pay more for battery life!!!  I'd even sacrifice screen resolution for better battery life.  That's the one thing that is keeping me far from smartwatches; next to no battery life. 

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |