Just built my rig and psu makes buzzing sound?

xmodex

I have evga 850w and when i turn on my pc it makes slight zapping or buzzing noise its constant and not very noticable, but when i use my pc in a silent room it can get irritating, are all psus like this or should i get it replaced, got 10 years warranty on it appearantly xD.

Its very noise is very slight but its there like electricity flowing through it, is it normal?

Sounds like Coil whine. Normal (Well sort of), but annoying

Breaking things 1 day at a time

13 minutes ago, xmodex said:

Does it happen to be a GQ series? Mine does it too

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

20 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Sounds like Coil whine. Normal (Well sort of), but annoying

The fan is not actually spinning, nothing is spinning just when browsing the web or doing something in silence, i can hear it and it get irritating 

25 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Does it happen to be a GQ series? Mine does it too

I got evga supernova 850w, on the box it says 'silent series' lols, the fan doesnt start to spin till it get 50c or over something like that, i can never hear the fan its all great, but the electricity sound is bugging me a bit, its more noticeble when surfing the web.

I just tested a game on max settings to draw more power from psu, the electricity sound changed and it was less noticable.

Basically its annoying only when surfing the web ect. coz in silent condition its the loudest thing in the room and a bit annoying :S idk if they're all like this or this particular one i got is this way.

3 minutes ago, xmodex said:

I got evga supernova 850w, on the box it says 'silent series' lols, the fan doesnt start to spin till it get 50c or over something like that, i can never hear the fan its all great, but the electricity sound is bugging me a bit, its more noticeble when surfing the web.

I just tested a game on max settings to draw more power from psu, the electricity sound changed and it was less noticable.

Basically its annoying only when surfing the web ect. coz in silent condition its the loudest thing in the room and a bit annoying :S idk if they're all like this or this particular one i got is this way.

If it bothers you that much, then send it back for replacement. 

The longer you keep the power supply unit, the less likely the manufacturer will be willing to replace it.

Buzzsaw - I'm Buzzsaw and you're not.

CPU -- Intel Core i7 7740X @ 4.30GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology * RAM -- 16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard -- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF X299 MARK 2 (LGA 2066 R4) * 
Graphics -- SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz) -- 4096 MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series 
Storage -- 223 GB SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (SSD) -- 256 GB Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 (SSD) -- 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) -- 2794 GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device
Optical Drives -- ASUS DRW-24B1ST * Audio -- Realtek High Definition Audio

Just now, Buzzsaw said:

If it bothers you that much, then send it back for replacement. 

The longer you keep the power supply unit, the less likely the manufacturer will be willing to replace it.

Hmm but issit normal or not normal is what im trying to find out first  : d, its not that big of a deal but yea its kinda annoying, i only had the pc for roughly a week but just noticed it today, thought it was fans or something lols, but its actually electricity sound from psu. 

Idk its not that big of a deal, but if i could get a complete silent one would be great

15 minutes ago, xmodex said:

Hmm but issit normal or not normal is what im trying to find out first  : d, its not that big of a deal but yea its kinda annoying, i only had the pc for roughly a week but just noticed it today, thought it was fans or something lols, but its actually electricity sound from psu. 

Idk its not that big of a deal, but if i could get a complete silent one would be great

What is the brand and model number of this power supply unit? What is the maximum wattage output?

CPU -- Intel Core i7 7740X @ 4.30GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology * RAM -- 16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-16-16-35)
Storage -- 223 GB SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (SSD) -- 256 GB Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 (SSD) -- 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) -- 2794 GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device

2 minutes ago, xmodex said:

Ok, according to this: List Of Power Supply Units by Tier Levels, that PSU is supposed to be a good one.

I have a feeling that the one you have may be defective. I would highly recommend you contact EVGA's customer support and get a replacement ASAP.

1 minute ago, Buzzsaw said:

Ok, according to this: List Of Power Supply Units by Tier Levels, that PSU is supposed to be a good one.

I have a feeling that the one you have may be defective. I would highly recommend you contact EVGA's customer support and get a replacement ASAP.

Hmm yea ill probably do that, i just wonder if anyone else has such problems coz it could be every single one like that or issit just mine : s idk ill probably contact them

1 minute ago, xmodex said:

Hmm yea ill probably do that, i just wonder if anyone else has such problems coz it could be every single one like that or issit just mine : s idk ill probably contact them

It shouldn't be buzzing like that, though. 

The only thing you should (or should not) hear is the PSU fan spinning. Anything else is cause for concern. 

I am sure that EVGA customer support can verify if this is an issue or not. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

It shouldn't be buzzing like that, though. 

The only thing you should (or should not) hear is the PSU fan spinning. Anything else is cause for concern. 

I am sure that EVGA customer support can verify if this is an issue or not. 

yh ok thanks

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W