UNITY3D

Hi there, 

So basically I am a 17 year old student from South Africa and I am looking to teach myself to code games with the Unity3D engine. I am looking to create a multiplayer FPS game, but I understand that I first will have to learn to code and learn the basics of Unity. I would like to know if anyone is willing to assist me (pointing me towards books, sites, tutorials etc) with my project.

I would greatly appreciate any help/advice.

Kind Regards

Luan

22 minutes ago, LuanLotter said:

Hi there, 

So basically I am a 17 year old student from South Africa and I am looking to teach myself to code games with the Unity3D engine. I am looking to create a multiplayer FPS game, but I understand that I first will have to learn to code and learn the basics of Unity. I would like to know if anyone is willing to assist me (pointing me towards books, sites, tutorials etc) with my project.

Kind Regards

Luan

Ive been learning a bit of C# Recently and have always fancied doing  project in unity or something to learn game development side of it.

GTGD 1 is a tutorial to make a multiplayer FPS. 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

GTGD 1 is a tutorial to make a multiplayer FPS. 

Gamer to game developer?

17 minutes ago, LuanLotter said:

Gamer to game developer?

yes. He may be using unity 3 or 4, but most of the syntax should be the same. 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

yes. He may be using unity 3 or 4, but most of the syntax should be the same. 

Appreciate the help!

20 hours ago, LuanLotter said:

Hi there, 

Kind Regards

Luan

I did develop some demo's in Unity (blocks moving around, racing with AI cars). If you want to create a FPS shooter, I'd suggest you go look at Brakeys tutorials on YouTube. He did a whole series on how to make a Multiplayer FPS shooter. I also suggest you take a course at Code Academy (JS). I'm not sure where you can take a course on C#. I stopped developing (did it for fun). I'm on the course of building a gaming pc.

Spoiler

Afrikaans: Gedog niemand kyk hier van Suid Afrika nie.

1 hour ago, Factory OC said:

I did develop some demo's in Unity (blocks moving around, racing with AI cars). If you want to create a FPS shooter, I'd suggest you go look at Brakeys tutorials on YouTube. He did a whole series on how to make a Multiplayer FPS shooter. I also suggest you take a course at Code Academy (JS). I'm not sure where you can take a course on C#. I stopped developing (did it for fun). I'm on the course of building a gaming pc.

Reveal hidden contents

Afrikaans: Gedog niemand kyk hier van Suid Afrika nie.

Appreciate the help!

Spoiler

Haha! Ek is 'n LTT freak, love alles wat hulle doen!