NZXT H440 Rear Fan Not Working Properly

WaterlooDude

Hello guys!

I successfully assembled my desktop today and everything is working well...GTX 1080 is amazing with Core i7 6850k and Corsair H100i Hydro Cooler.

My only problem is the rear fan of my NZXT H440 only spins for a few rotations after start up, then it simply stops and refuses to spin...This problem did not occur until I install bunch of MSI and ASUS drivers.

Does anyone know if this is a mechanical/connection problem or just a feature of the drivers?

Thanks!

Have you got the fan connected through a fan controller, the motherboard or directly into the PSU?

3 minutes ago, WaterlooDude said:

Hello guys!

I successfully assembled my desktop today and everything is working well...GTX 1080 is amazing with Core i7 6850k and Corsair H100i Hydro Cooler.

My only problem is the rear fan of my NZXT H440 only spins for a few rotations after start up, then it simply stops and refuses to spin...This problem did not occur until I install bunch of MSI and ASUS drivers.

Does anyone know if this is a mechanical/connection problem or just a feature of the drivers?

Thanks!

Considering it stopped after you installed software it's almost definitely a software problem. Check the fan curve in your bios, it's possible it may have given it a default curve that doesn't spin up the fans until it's quite hot.  

The fan is connected to the case's fan power system which connects to the motherboard through its own PWM cable.

should I adjust settings in the drivers?

1 hour ago, WaterlooDude said:

The fan is connected to the case's fan power system which connects to the motherboard through its own PWM cable.

should I adjust settings in the drivers?

Check what mobos fan control software or BIOS says about it. Does it not spin if you have high load on CPU?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv