MONITORS CABLES?

echy
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,
2 minutes ago, echy said:

how do you tell if a case and the monitor are compatible ? are all monitors and cases are universal (meaning all cases and monitors are compatible no matter what)

Computer cases have no bearing on monitor compatibility. You're looking for your video output that's either on the motherboard's I/O shield or graphics card if you have one.

In any case, if your monitor and computer have the same port, you're golden. Even if they don't, you can find converters.

Monitoring cables...

oh ho! I am sooo funny! Thank you thank you... I'll be here all night!

Seriously though, cable provided by a monitor really depends on the monitor model and manufacture.

Usually you have the power cable (which can be a standard PC power plug, or a power adapter using a "propitiatory" power plug, where the power adapter is outside of the monitor.. kinda like a laptop power adapter)

In addition to that, you usually 1 or 2 video cables that the monitor support, like DisplayPort and HDMI, or DVI and HDMI or DVI and DisplayPort, or DVI and VGA. Fancier monitors might include a 3rd cable of different type. For example: mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort.

If the monitor has only 1 video input, then expect a cable for that input in the box.

If you check the website of the manufacture website on the monitor you are looking for purchasing, they normally list what is included in the box. From there you'll see which cables are included.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Power, display (probably DisplayPort or HDMI), and if it has a USB hub, a USB B to A cable.

how do you tell if a case and the monitor are compatible ? are all monitors and cases are universal (meaning all cases and monitors are compatible no matter what)

2 minutes ago, echy said:

Computer cases have no bearing on monitor compatibility. You're looking for your video output that's either on the motherboard's I/O shield or graphics card if you have one.

In any case, if your monitor and computer have the same port, you're golden. Even if they don't, you can find converters.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

In any case, if your monitor and computer have the same port, you're golden.

cool thx